Array
    Status
    Clarkston, Michigan
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Wiring

Can anybody give me a picture of this area properly connected, sometimes the wiring diagrams aren't incredibly easy to understand.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Hi, I would also like to see in real pics not just diagrams how the wires are all supposed to be hooked up!

You posted before that you've got a 1983 Mitsubishi pickup SPX, mine's a 1984 Mitsubishi pickup SP, so the wiring may not exactly match but maybe these will help you anyway.

I do have at least 1 wire that is not hooked up, no idea where it goes, came unhooked when I bought it & ran for the last year without it. I'd love to know where it's supposed to go.

Anyway, here's all I got, hope this helps some. Note the red line is a wire that is only taped off, not actually hooked up on both ends (may not be hooked up at the other end of it either, no idea. The circle may or may not be a wire, took the pics in the dark, put a circle there anyway just in case.

It's a work-in-progress, obviously:

IMG_4523.jpgIMG_4524.jpgIMG_4525.jpgIMG_4526.jpgIMG_4527.jpgIMG_4528.jpgIMG_4529.jpgIMG_4530.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    O.k. I'm gonna have a go at this one. The cut wire with the question mark - is it all black? - and is there a 10mm bolt hidden on the corner of the battery mount with an eyelet attached to it? I'm thinking it is a ground lead that has been either cut or busted off. Only wire I can see in the proximity of the loom that is by itself...

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by zgferguson17 View Post
    Can anybody give me a picture of this area properly connected, sometimes the wiring diagrams aren't incredibly easy to understand.
    Was thinking you may want to search youtube too and freeze-frame the video to see what's where.

Thinking maybe that disconnected black wire of mine might indeed go under the 10mm bolt on the side of the very rusty battery tray holder... I did measure the bolt & it is 10mm & no idea where else that black wire could go, will look harder tomorrow in the daylight to see what else it might reach if anything. I untaped the end of it for the picture - looks like it had a part the end broke off.

IMG_4533.jpg

I didn't just put it under the bolt since #1, it needs a good end put on it & #2 --- what if it isn't supposed to go there don't want to screw up the truck... worked so hard to make it driveable.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    There seems to be another anomaly in the battery tray pics - no ground connection from the negative lead to the battery tray frame. Mine has a connection to where the cut wire is meant to be anchored (shares the 10mm bolt). Admittedly my ground connection is looking pretty funky so it wouldn't surprise me if yours was the same and someone had decided not the reconnect the ground there for whatever reason when it was replaced.

Array
    Status
    Clarkston, Michigan
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help, I believe I have it sorted out now. The truck should be running (excludes body work) in a few weeks.

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    grounds.jpg

Sharing the confirmation of the grounding points.

Good luck with your project there! Keep us updated on the progress ... or questions as they happen

ps. big thanks geezer for the clue for me, too much