Array
    Status
    Statesboro, Ga
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Truck stuck in 2nd gear.

So I was pulling out from McDonalds and when I shifted to 2nd gear. Then I tried to shift to 3rd gear but it was stuck. The shifter moves side to side like if it was on neutral. I took off boot off and I noticed that it was missing 2 bolts that hold down the shifter to some plates? Could that be my problem? And what size bolts do I need to get?
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    that should be the problem - the bolts are M6 x 20 not sure of the thread pitch. If you can, take the bolt you still have holding the shifter in with you to get the new ones.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Statesboro, Ga
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    that should be the problem - the bolts are M6 x 20 not sure of the thread pitch. If you can, take the bolt you still have holding the shifter in with you to get the new ones.
    Sweet! Went to lowes, bought the bolts. Took the shifter out and repositioned it, put the bolts back on and voilą! Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Had all 3 come out driving Geronimo one time in stop and go traffic on an interstate at rush hour in a construction zone. Fortunately all 3 bolts were still there - only had a leatherman with me for tools, but ran the bolts back in and continued to drive him to a car cruise 5 miles away.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    Had all 3 come out driving Geronimo one time in stop and go traffic on an interstate at rush hour in a construction zone. Fortunately all 3 bolts were still there - only had a leatherman with me for tools, but ran the bolts back in and continued to drive him to a car cruise 5 miles away.
    That would've been entertaining. I had the shifter assembly fly apart in third gear on the way to a work site on this fwd Nissan rebadged thing - couldn't stop from fear of not being able to get it rolling. I was 20 minutes from the job and had to cross a brand new expressway with fun roundabouts and nutty truck drivers...