Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B

OK all you 1st Gen drivers - Answer this question I have

getimage.jpgANI-8248_ml.jpg

Every time I search for a transmission mount for a 86 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Pickup / 2WD / 5 Speed Manual / 2.0L
    the places show this weird mount thing on the left. Damn if it will fit my truck and it looks like it belongs on a front wheel drive passenger vehicle instead. This is the part shown on RockAuto and several other sites to fit my truck. (WRONG)

Now the transmission mount on the right is shown to fit the 4WD models of this 1st generation pickup. Now we are getting places, but mine is not a 4WD, it is a 2WD or RWD. My transmission mount looks awfully close to the mount on the right, but when I roll under
    my truck to do a visual of the mount it looks sort of different (definitely dirtier) then even the one shown on the right.

So WTF?!?! Why do the parts houses continue to show the mount on the left to fit our trucks when that is completely wrong. And, if the mount on the right is for 4WD, but it looks pretty darn close to my 2WD truck mount, why is it only for 4WD.

Someone please explain to me why this shit happens everywhere I look when searching for this mysterious part. What does the actual transmission mount look like on your 1st gen 2WD manual transmission truck. This question keeps coming up on me when I get a wild hair and decide to replace the transmission mount, but I keep finding the parts house showing the wrong mount all the time, then I just give up and say I will do it later.

If anyone has an extra one to sell that will fit my truck, let me know also. Though it can not be ripped like mine has started to do.

By the way this is for an automatic
    ANI-8111_ml.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    May I point you in this direction? - https://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,c...,parttype,8616
    I do believe this is what you're looking for...

I can only visually check it against mine and it looks like a match - maybe you can give these guys a call and ask them to run a tape measure over it.

Array
    Status
    sheffield, vt
    Vehicle

1978 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    hmmmm....having trouble getting you confirmation (i know, i know, 1st gen guys should know what they have). but heres my understanding (& yes the listings are very sloppy). the top pic (you posted of 2 items) is 4wd. the lollipop thing is never listed correctly-it is a transfer case mounting bracket. & the piece beside it (rectangular...is also 4wd component) & is "the" transmission mount. not sure why you listed the "butterfly looking" mount as automatic...i was under the impression it was 2wd. if no one can confirm a secure answer i will climb under both & get a pic of the 2 mount styles.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    So, my understanding is your trans mount bolts to the gearbox horizontally and not vertical like the example I found? Yeah, this is getting easier... The one I posted up is a close match to the 1985 MD model one I have (if not a direct replacement)

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    geezer101 shows the correct trany mount for the 2.6
    It could be that some web guy put up the incorrect pictures in the others. Send them an email and point it out. Then tell them we send them a lot of people and it needs to be looked at.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Maybe get them to cut site members a deal or even get them to sponsor the site - and I didn't pull a fail! Do I get a cookie? lololol

Array
    Status
    Burbank, CA
    Vehicle

1983 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4D55-T
    This is the mount. OEM number MB007132. DO NOT BUY DEA MOUNTS!!!!! GARBAGE CHINESE LAST 1 Month or lift the motor too high causing the trans to rattle on the tunnel!
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    geezer101 shows the correct trany mount for the 2.6
    It could be that some web guy put up the incorrect pictures in the others. Send them an email and point it out. Then tell them we send them a lot of people and it needs to be looked at.
    That's exactly what I did Camoit, Sent them an email. They were one of the ones in RockAuto that I wrote to.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I received a response on my request from the email I sent concerning the misrepresentation of our trany mounts on Rock Auto. Let's hope they fix it sometime in the near future.

(Responded Email I received)

Thank you for your email . I will be looking into this and will respond to you with my findings.

Have a Great day !!!

Brian Hodous
    Anchor Industries
    30775 Solon Industrial Parkway
    Solon, Ohio 44139
    (440) 473-1414 x443
    www.anchor-online.com

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewarme View Post
    This is the mount. OEM number MB007132. DO NOT BUY DEA MOUNTS!!!!! GARBAGE CHINESE LAST 1 Month or lift the motor too high causing the trans to rattle on the tunnel!
    Thank You Mike for that part# information, I also have passed it onto the company in question about a correction.

Thanks also to every one else that added information.

We will see if the part that is ordered shows up to be the right item.

tranyMount.gif

It is unbelievable how many sites I have found that show the wrong part for our manual transmission mounts. Everywhere I have went shows the same wrong part view as I posted at the start of this thread on the left side image. LOL Just goes to show you all them lame webmasters out there are just stealing information and images from each other and don't even try to select the right information for their own clients. Well, perhaps the unemployment line will help them do it correctly the next time.

Part fits:
    MITS. MIGHTY MAX, DODGE RAM 50 2.6L 4 CYL - 2 BBL - GAS, 5-Speed Manual 1985
    MITS. MIGHTY MAX, DODGE RAM 50 2.6L 4 CYL - 2 BBL - GAS, STD DUTY AUTO TRANS 1985
    MITS. MIGHTY MAX, DODGE RAM 50 4-Speed Manual,T3340 1984
    MITS. MIGHTY MAX, DODGE RAM 50 5-Speed Manual 1985, 1986
    MITS. MIGHTY MAX, DODGE RAM 50 ALL MANUALS 1984
    MITS. MIGHTY MAX, DODGE RAM 50 STD DUTY AUTO TRANS 1984, 1985, 1986
    Last edited by BradMph; 06-28-2014 at 05:45 PM.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    fullkim.gifNikoyo.gif

Found this online under a different part number. I'm not sure where I am going with this yet, either there is a huge problem with companies showing the correct part or they get a lot of returns when someone orders one. From what I see, the MB007132 has been discontinued from manufacturing.
    These parts are called so many names as well. From an engine mount to a rear or front transmission mount and a support mount, rear mount insulator to whatever. Gawd what a F*king mess this has turned out to be.
    I am going to crawl under the truck and take multiple photos if I have to and if it is different from any of these parts shown here I am going friggin crack. I'm about positive it will look like what Mike posted, being a well established Mits parts guy.
    I got to get this out of my craw soon before it drives me insane, I'll post some images once I take them today. I would suggest also if you have not replaced this part on your truck, take a look at it because I bet it is ripped.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I have driven a car with where this mount has been replaced with a solid mount (it was a hillclimb modded Galant coupe - same as a Dodge Colt hardtop) and it was...awful. The noise transfer through the floor of the coupe was like sitting on an old top loader washing machine. There's gotta be a better alternative if this gearbox mount fails...

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    anyone look at the starquest mount? I have an 87 in my garage that trkdesigner and I are working on to get the motor running - if we get it in the air I will check out that mount and compare it to my 86 project truck - it is a 2.0 5spd also
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Took some snap shots finally and I think I can officially say that the part for mine is.........."wait for it!"..................WAIT FOR IT!...........
    .....the MB007132. Now that they are no longer manufactured, does this start another guessing game? NO! lol. I finally can get a full night sleep over this. As far as all the sites posting the wrong part....F*kum, It's not my responsibility anymore. Though I have emailed a couple and I hope that starts a snowball effect and they all get their shit together and fix the global problem of misrepresentation.

Here are the images.
    1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

As you can notice on photo #2 between the 2 rubber pieces and the center metal plate the rubber has delaminated (ripped away) from the center plate. Now one side is worse then the other but I am convinced, they need to be removed.

**Oh, by the way...Geezer...your part looks to be the same as Mikes as far I can tell. Thanks for the post.
    Though I think I will shy away from the $6.32 China made part this time per Mike's suggestion, lol. The Westar part should be the better choice. I'll do a quick online check for another brand somewhere here in the states to see if a possible OEM part exist.
    Last edited by BradMph; 06-29-2014 at 07:51 PM.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    No doubt there has been a number of members that have replaced the transmission support mount and it will become a more frequent event as these trucks are driven and resuscitated. Would be good to have those members rate the part and supplier for future reference.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I thought we had a member on here selling custom built non rubber mounts for the engine and trans in the for sale section.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    I don't think I want a poly Urethane transmission mount since the vibration could be additional. I actually could make one myself by getting the liquid used for a Poly and create the mold, but for around 25-30 bucks I can get a rubber one and install it. Pretty sure the Westar mount is the one I will order. I located a Beck Arnley also.

B&A.jpg

BECK/ARNLEY # 1040865 [Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 8 Remaining) $2.10
    BECK/ARNLEY # 1040864 [Wholesaler Closeout -- 30 Day Warranty] (Only 1 Remaining) $5.15
    Last edited by BradMph; 06-30-2014 at 02:50 AM.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    beck arnley a lot of times reboxed the factory mitsu parts and added their markup - I used to get a 35 - 40% discount at the dealer that I could buy dealer parts for far less than any where at the time. Chrysler fixed that with their chrysler 2000 inititive to close single line mom and pop dealers.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    LOL, I bought that last one for $5.15. It seemed to have them side skirts thingies next to the rubber which looked closer to mine mount. Hope they didn't sell it yet.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by BradMph View Post
    LOL, I bought that last one for $5.15. It seemed to have them side skirts thingies next to the rubber which looked closer to mine mount. Hope they didn't sell it yet.

SOB, I picked the wrong one. Notice in the images the one on right has a dip in the plate between the 2 bolts holes. Not only is there a dip, the bolt holes were too close together on the one I got, which is the one on the left side of the image.

Well I re-ordered the one on the right side and need to return the bad one. I may just keep it since it will cost more to send it back then the part is worth. They will refund my money but is it really worth it, lol. Probably not. Damnit, now I have to wait and the truck is on lifts. &^%$%^

Array
    Status
    kinsley ks
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I know this is an old post but man I really dislike RockAuto. The have parts listed with model year and the picture is clearly not the part your wanting for that model year. I have much better things to do then be anxiously await parts to only get them and realize they are not the part I need and have all the hassle of returning it. I havent ordered anything from them as every part Ive been interested in that has my model year has a picture of a part I KNOW wont fit. Returning stuff is a MAJOR hassle for me with my location and hrs of work. The lil Ive read about them leads me to believe the personel are not very knowledgeable on the parts they are selling. Reminds me of autozone, walk in and the person behind the counter just looks puzzled, take their computer away and they havent a clue.