Thread: HELP please / assistance: Carb - Fuel Pump - Valve Cover - Emissions Thermostat Valve

Array
    Status
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

Please Select Your Engine Type

HELP please / assistance: Carb - Fuel Pump - Valve Cover - Emissions Thermostat Valve

Hi Everyone,

Trying to get my '80 Plymouth Arrow P-up w/ 2.0 ( G52B ) 4spd back on the road.

Fuel Pump diaphragm is leaking, causing an oil leak.
    Went to my local auto supply and got a fuel pump. Turns out it does not fit.
    I went online and other auto supply stores in my area. They all list the wrong pump.

Same goes for the valve cover. I did specify it's the 2.0, not 2.6.

Any suggestions were I should look ? Does anyone want to sell me the parts?

I am looking for the following items:

- CA OEM CARB to manifold gasket. I had to remove carb to get to install what I thought was the correct new fuel pump.

- 2.0 engine Valve Cover Gasket with accompanying grommets.

- An emission related thermostat valve ( I have pics of the part )

- A A/C Evaporator / Drier for the Air Conditioning unit. I hope to resurrect the dealer installed A/C unit.

- Rear Window seal.

- Clutch Disc, Pressure Plate and release bearing for the 2.0
    P-up is currently at 90k orig miles and clutch is beginning to slip. Clutch cable has been adjusted.

Thanks
    Steve

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    What do you mean by it does not fit? The pumps for the g52b and g54b are the same as long as it is for a 79 - 81 motor, as is the valve cover gasket. You can make a new carb gasket from gasket paper using the old gasket as a template. If the gasket doesn't fit, there is a problem with the valve cover, like the cover was switched with a different motor, maybe a 2.0 l Colt car motor. The A/C dryer should be a standard part - the dealer installed unit is most likely a lone star or frigette unit sold through the dealer. Post pics of all the parts you have issues with and we will help you figure it all out.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle

Engine

Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    What do you mean by it does not fit? The pumps for the g52b and g54b are the same as long as it is for a 79 - 81 motor, as is the valve cover gasket. You can make a new carb gasket from gasket paper using the old gasket as a template. If the gasket doesn't fit, there is a problem with the valve cover, like the cover was switched with a different motor, maybe a 2.0 l Colt car motor. The A/C dryer should be a standard part - the dealer installed unit is most likely a lone star or frigette unit sold through the dealer. Post pics of all the parts you have issues with and we will help you figure it all out.
    Hi Pennyman1,

Here are the pics. I dont think the engine has been switched.Fuel Pump.jpgEGR Thermal Control Valve.jpgV-cover gasket.jpgV-cover gasket.jpgV-cover.jpg

Array
    Status
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle

Engine

Here are more pics.photo 5.jpg