Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Sigma Head

I noticed we have Aussie counter part on the forum geezer101 anyone asked him about price and availability of the sigma head specifically the high flow 2nd gen model that fits the 2.6L astron engine. or maybe some good beer like Victoria Bitter, Red back, Schwans, or Dog Bolter or a 1972 VH Valiant Charger with the 265 Hemi, 4-speed, E38 and E49 package in any color other than red. Just wondering off the top of my head.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_ja View Post
    I noticed we have Aussie counter part on the forum geezer101 anyone asked him about price and availability of the sigma head specifically the high flow 2nd gen model that fits the 2.6L astron engine. or maybe some good beer like Victoria Bitter, Red back, Schwans, or Dog Bolter or a 1972 VH Valiant Charger with the 265 Hemi, 4-speed, E38 and E49 package in any color other than red. Just wondering off the top of my head.
    Thankfully no-one has asked me of the above mopar ja. The head in question is the M8 and I don't think they are out of production but finding one in a JY would be pretty easy. As for 'good' beer, Victoria Bitter is not good (or maybe even beer...not sure. It has been described as "the Fanta of beers"). And as for VH E38 or E49 Chargers they are a rarity. I'll send you an E49 mopar ja, just give me your details and $170,000 via paypal and I'll sort out the freight duties lololololol.

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Just adding this on in regards to 4G54 heads - M8 & M9 have kidney shaped combustion chambers and are up on compression. That in mind our Australian Astron II blocks were narrow and are sourced from the all Australian designed fwd Magna. The last of the rwd sedans that used the 2.6 Astron II was the GN Sigma that used the M27 head which had bigger valves. All Japanese built Scorpions with the 2.6 (Sapporo/Galant Lambda/Challenger) used the M27 head. I've gleamed the info from this website - http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/ar...p/t-64179.html

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks Brother, i know there was some talk of maybe someday we will get a hook up for the heads. As far as the E49 Charger i did not realize they are going for that much now. I remember the first time i saw one it was 1996 Kitty Hawk deployment we pulled into Freemantle it was sitting in a parking lot across the street from the pier. I had to take a second look (it was over) fell in love thinking (someday it will be mine). But at 170,000 may have to wait little longer.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    So if I read the thread right, the starquests in the US have the best blocks, but not the M7,8,or 27 heads with the kidney shaped chambers. Magna blocks crack, but the intakes are the ticket for MPI conversions with a mod to flip the throttle body and thermostat housing end for end for RWD use. So how do we get the M27 heads, and do they have jet valves or not?
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    AFAIK none of the Australian Astron 4G54 heads had jet valves in them (we in Oz drew short straws on a lot of cars and options that seem readily available elsewhere in the world) . My knowledge on the Astron engines is on the lean side. Only option for getting your hands on the M27 might be to make friends with some mental Australian guys and have them source them from wrecking yards and freight one to you. I have a mate whose knowledge on the 4G54 is monolithic (he is a huge Mitsu fiend and owns a modded EFI GK Sigma, a GH Sigma turbo and a factory optioned GSR Sigma) so if I really needed info he would definitely be the guy to speak to.