Array
    Status
    Lockwood, NV
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Smile New guy from Nv

Hey my name is Don, I am in Lockwood Nevada, 3 miles east of sparks. I have a 1990 max. lowered 3", just did a ton of work. timing belt, tensioner belt, water pump, head gasket, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor. Next is injectors, fuel filter and fuel pump. But yesterday my fuel pump went out. can anyone point me to the R&R for it? I have been looking and cant find it. thanks. pics to come!

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Sorry for my lack of understanding abreviations: I don't know what R&R is for a fuel pump...just for people

The fuel pump, of course, is in the fuel tank, the filter is along the driver's side frame and is pressurized. Put some bolt loosener on there if it hasn't been changed for a long time, or you'll bend the metal fuel lines taking it off. I sure did.

The tank has a drain plug. It has two electrical connections that need to be disconnected before the tank is fully dropped (guage and pump). I understand the pump HAS a fuse, but I have not located it. You might do well to see if the fuse went out (if the failure was sudden) otherwise I trust you know what a fuel pump going out is like.

I'll recommend RockAuto.com for the replacement.

My two cents, be it of any help.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Lockwood, NV
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    thanks for the reply. remove and reinstall! weirdest thing went out today and fuel pump kicked back on like it never happened...... hmm anywho glad to have found this site. The fuel pump, of course, is in the fuel tank, the filter is along the driver's side frame and is pressurized. Put some bolt loosener on there if it hasn't been changed for a long time, or you'll bend the metal fuel lines taking it off. I sure did.
    Quote Originally Posted by royster View Post
    Sorry for my lack of understanding abreviations: I don't know what R&R is for a fuel pump...just for people
    The tank has a drain plug. It has two electrical connections that need to be disconnected before the tank is fully dropped (guage and pump). I understand the pump HAS a fuse, but I have not located it. You might do well to see if the fuse went out (if the failure was sudden) otherwise I trust you know what a fuel pump going out is like.

I'll recommend RockAuto.com for the replacement.

My two cents, be it of any help.