Array
    Status
    liverpool ny
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

What are these.

Ok so today i decided that i would try my best to find and fix all vacuum leaks in my 84 2.0l ram50 but i seen these two things with vacuum ports on them. Anybody able to tell me what they are and where the vacuum lines go? One is on the firewall to the right of the booster . And the other is on the driver side fender next to the coil. Any insight into what these are and do would be appreciated. 20181129_150012.jpg20181129_150042.jpg

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Does your truck have (or did have) A/C? They're going to be control circuits - maybe for idle up. If you carb has extra control solenoids on it, these will either ramp the idle or shut off/open air control circuits in the carb for fuel economy (just a guess). Some Mitsubishis had an economy 'idiot' light in them. When you are going hard on the throttle, a light on the dash would turn on telling you to ease off the pedal. Very helpful...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    liverpool ny
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    I think at one point it had A/C because it has cut a/c lines on the firewall. So i dont need these at all for the operation of the truck?

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by tony8033 View Post
    I think at one point it had A/C because it has cut a/c lines on the firewall. So i dont need these at all for the operation of the truck?
    Not AFAIK. Either cap the vac switches off at their sources or simply plug the vacuum lines. If all of the existing lines are connected and aren't leaking, it won't adversely affect the trucks' operation. A/C is a life saver and the vast majority of Gen 1's don't have it. I'd be tempted to leave it all installed just in case you want to fix the A/C up.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function