Array
    Status
    Saskatoon Saskatchewan
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G64

"Diode relay"

Hey everyone I need your help! I just put a '92 2.4L into my 89 truck, while troubleshooting a no-spark issue I discovered I am missing a relay. In the schematic it sits between the Alternator and the coil and the book calls it a "Diode Relay"... I need to know what one to get since mine ceases to exist... Book doesn't tell me anything other than that I need it. If anyone can let me know this would help a lot!!!

Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    I looked up "diode" in the CAPS program and it shows 2, but Part Number, MB084716. Diode, Chassis Wiring,Blue, Conn Type, 1.5A.

I have a 92 2.4L truck and I ran it under my VIN. Now looking at the wiring diagram, these do not come into play where your talking about, as a matter of fact, the there aren't any relays between the Alt. and distributor except for the MPI Relay. are you possibly referring to the Power Transistor? it's directly connected to the Coil.

Array
    Status
    Saskatoon Saskatchewan
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    The first thing I checked when I wasn't getting spark was the ICM (power transistor) and the black/white wire from the computer to the ICM had a break in it but I was still getting nothing for spark. Checked the coil and distributer for power and everything checked out and after doing some digging around I couldn't find the real purpose for the relay I was looking for, I was able to simply jump it (with a fuse just in case) and it did not effect anything else in any way... fired up on the second crank and looks to be running pretty smooth. Just working out a clutch issue and re-routing the intake to work with the older model and it should be back on the road! Thanks to everyone for all of their help with my project... I love this forum!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Quote Originally Posted by LSR Mike View Post
    I looked up "diode" in the CAPS program and it shows 2,
    Hay LSR, Is this something that runs off a CD, or a program that needs to be loaded into a computer? I was wondering if you would let us upload a copy to the board. You can PM me on this if you like.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Columbus, OH
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    I got mine from my Mitsu Dealer in Calif. got tired of looking up my parts and realized I knew my way around the Truck.

You can pick it up from here.

http://www.stealth316.com/2-wincaps.htm

Complete installation instructions and use are there also.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Thanks I sent on the information to our server guy Chris to see if it can be run through the board instead of a local machine. I'll see what he says. The worst he could say was no. Or we might need to buy a security certificate and run it in Https. A 2 year certificate is around $700. It thats the case then I will find another way. Thats just to much to ask from members right now.
    Last edited by camoit; 12-30-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com