Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

1980 Plymouth Arrow Truck
    Engine

G54B

Just Some Pics

Also installing A/C. The entire dash didn't have to come out but wanted to modify the dash where they always start cracking. Luckily mine has no cracks yet and want to keep it that way. Took some sandpaper strips and epoxied 'em.IMG_0504.jpgIMG_0509.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0517.jpgIMG_0519.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0521.jpgIMG_0524.jpg

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Oh, while I pulled the dash....I found a "HIDE A KEY" Opened it and an original brand new Mitsubishi/Chrysler key. I have looked and looked and can not find these keys anywhere.

Question. Does anyone know what full advance in degrees would be for these trucks?
    Last edited by hutch; 02-06-2016 at 09:40 PM.

Array
    Status
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle

1984 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    What's going on in the last pic, the one with the random bottles & spark plugs? Can't really tell what the important bit of that pic is since I don't recognize it, thanks much for your reply - I need to pull the dash sooner than later here.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by tink View Post
    What's going on in the last pic, the one with the random bottles & spark plugs? Can't really tell what the important bit of that pic is since I don't recognize it, thanks much for your reply - I need to pull the dash sooner than later here.
    I'm epoxying strips underneath the dash. Where the cracks usually start from. I'm just trying to prolong or completely eliminate the possibilities. Make it a little stronger in those areas.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    I see block off panels for the side air ducts - you didn't have vents in the dash? I got annoyed with how the vents were set up in my truck as they weren't fan forced and it has A/C installed so I'm working on a way to direct air from the blower case outlet. The dash padding doesn't normally split from inside (well in my experience anyway). I've used cheap ass tire shine spray to keep the shell of dashboards pliable. A light squirt and rub it in evenly by hand all over. It doesn't mist up and evaporate onto the windshield like armorall crap.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    It had them. Installing the A/C. It comes in the kit. There is ducting now to the side vents.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    What? They actually made a provision to A/C the side vents? What do the new ducts look like? I'm having fun with musical ducts and have been lucky enough to find some that pass through the steering column support frame but the tricky part is ducting the centre outlet to the side vents. I'll have to butcher the centre vent casing to make it work but if I do a neat enough job I'll forgive myself...

Array
    Status
    California
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B
    Nice Truck!, I like that color.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    What? They actually made a provision to A/C the side vents? What do the new ducts look like? I'm having fun with musical ducts and have been lucky enough to find some that pass through the steering column support frame but the tricky part is ducting the centre outlet to the side vents. I'll have to butcher the centre vent casing to make it work but if I do a neat enough job I'll forgive myself..
    I'll get some pics for you but they won't be very good. I should have taken them while I had the dash out.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Thank you.

Array
    Status
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Geezer, the ones, ducts that came in the kit are round on the ends and flat in the middle to go through the center of the steering column. On the glove box end it said to route over but it was easier under. It's still hidden from eyesight and out of the way. It also had a flat section.

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    That is a clean truck hutch, definitely your pride and joy for sure. On your advancement of your distributor specs, it might be a way with a protractor by manually advancing the distributor and using the protractor after marking the housing of the distributor. It should get you pretty close to actual advancement.
    Animation1.gif

either then that, you probably have to use a timing light and while truck is running check the movement on the crank pulley. Along with the amount of degree, IMO the important thing is that it advances at the correct time with engine rpm.
    Last edited by BradMph; 02-23-2016 at 06:00 PM.