Thread: I'm a sick, twisted bastard.....

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

I'm a sick, twisted bastard.....

Yes, you read right. I just found AND purchased my 3rd MMM in less than 3months. This last find, I purchased because its a 94 Sport. I really wanted power steering, tach, clock and cool factory gauges. has 116k on the clock.
    Dont go hatin'

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    As one sick~twisted bastard to another, I say: EVERYONE should have a spare MM or D-50 hanging around.

We won't go hatin' so long as you post up some pictures so's we can lust, drool, covet and conduct other sick~twisted bastardry passtime activities.
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    The pictures will be rated R, As in these R my parts!!! Picking up the truck on Saturday. Royster, Besides the obvious, what are the other differences between a standard and a sport?

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    I'm no expert on that, MIHIFISI. I just know the Sport has a great instrument cluster (with tachometer) and nice door panels...all of which I covet. I think it also came with bucket seats, but the 's can specify better than me: I've only been into D-50's / MM's for a year, now. A year and three weeks, four days and seventeen hours.

BTW, with 116,000 miles on the clock, be sure to check the timing belt FIRST THING. That mileage says it's due up for that servicing (every 60,000 miles).
    The greatest gift you have to give to the world is that of your own self~transformation.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    This one has a bech seat!! Sad to say, This one wont be a driver. Looks funny being an automatic!!

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    sports should have bucket seats, but by now they were probably changed out due to deterioration - it may not even be a mitsu bench. The 2nd gens look odd with the column auto shifter on it - not sure why they went away from the floor auto shifter like the 1st gen. I have 3 trucks also, and a garage attic with lots of spare parts - only way to be sure you have what you need when something breaks.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Pennyman1, I must have a unique one then. This is a Sport with all the nice things, Except it has a bench seat that matches the door panels, looking to see if I can find the orange tag that tells me its a LSD!!!

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    We want photos, MIHIFISI Wise Guy!!! (Nyuck Nyuck Nyuck). Also, are you intending to part any of them out?

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?

Array
    Status
    Maurertown, Virginia
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    Damn that was quick

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Ask, and you shall....... well you know.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    apparently, in the later years mitsu downgraded the sport model to bench seats - I have seen several on ebay and all have a bench seat. Mitsu really went stripper in the last couple of years of these trucks to try and appeal to the economy buyer.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Washington State
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    I think what happen with sports was they installed a bench seat with individual headrest and were very close to buckets. Sports did come with bench seats and some even had a pull down in between the driver and passenger seats to rest your arm on. Those were some of the more fancier seats though. I think it's what the customer wanted that made the seat installation as well as if it was a dodge or Mitsubishi. I think the dodges had the buckets mostly and Mitsubishis rolled in the bench seats. If not mistaken the d50 were more expensive too.

Your right Pennyman, The bench seats were in the Mitsubishi in the later years and probably because of money issues.

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Quote Originally Posted by MIHIFISI View Post
    Pennyman1, I must have a unique one then. This is a Sport with all the nice things, Except it has a bench seat that matches the door panels, looking to see if I can find the orange tag that tells me its a LSD!!!
    it's either on the door jam or on the rear pumpkin as a tag. being that it's a autotragic i doubt it has a LSD in it, they wouldn't put them in the all 4x4's so i don't see why a automatic truck would get one.

i searched and searched too for a factory LSD and never found one lol i just ended up breaking down a buying a aftermarket POWER BRUTE posi.
    this is the cheapest i was able to find them on the net http://www.thejeephut.com/power-brut...recision-gear/

great unit, very well built. installed without any hang-ups.

Array
    Status
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle

Engine

I.D.K.?
    Hive, that's why you are the MAN!!

Array
    Status
    Kingston Springs, TN
    Vehicle