Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8

1974 340 T/A Plymouth Duster

This car is my baby, during the summer months i use this beast as a Daily Driver and i'm damn proud of it. Turns alot of heads too

It's powered by a very very mild 1970 T/A 340 Engine (from a '70 T/A Challenger), only putting out a very weak 610hp N/A. Long Term goal is to be putting 1,000 HP to the ground in this car.

Some of the specs of the engine (that i can remember, i've forgotten more about this engine than most people will ever know about their engines, lol)

1970 340 T/A Engine Block, 4-Bolt Mains Installed, Bored .100 Over (i didn't, it came that way when i found the block in the trunk of my first car ), Forged Domed Pistons, Eagle ESP Rods, Forged Steel Crank (Knife Edged and the Rotating Assembly was Balanced), Deck was shaved down.

Milled/Shaved 340 T/A "J" Heads with 2.02/1.66 Valves and Extensive Port Work that would make Dick Landy himself proud, Comp Cams 1.6 Ratio Roller Rocker Arms, M/T Valve Covers (just because it deserves to be pretty)

LD340 High Rise Aluminum Intake (Port Matched to the heads), topped with a 1" Spacer and a 850cfm Thermoquad

Lunati 494/513 Lift Camshaft, Milodon Gear Drive Timing Set, Recurved Distributor (1,200rpm Full Mechanical Advance / Vacuum Advance Deleted), Accel 300+ Ignition System with a Accel Super Coil (Rev Limiter set to 8,000rpm), 13.5 - 1 Compression, 2.5" Dual Exhaust with Shorty Glasspacks (12" overall length) and 340 Exhaust Tips/Resonators

Backed by a Full Manual Shift 727 Automatic Transmission (until i build up a Hemi-Duty 727 to replace that 727), B&M Flexplate and a B-Body 8-3/4" Rear with a 489 Sure Grip Chunk with 3.23's and 28x10-14 Rear Tires. I had to replace the motor mounts with Solid Mounts and chained the engine down, it had a habit of annhilating stock mounts when i would get on the throttle.

Interior is a hybrid of all sorts of parts, '67 Cuda Rallye Instrument Cluster with Vacuum Gauge, '69 Cuda Center Console with a '70 Challenger Slapstik Shifter, Seats are Power-Heated Buckets from a '75 Volvo, 8-Track Radio (aww yeah) with a 10-Disc CD Changer, 10gb MP3 Player, Amps, EQ's, 12 Channels total (10 are currently in use).

Future mods include a set of 1.03" Hotchkis Torsion Bars (it likes to break stock .870" bars), a Supercharger, more engine mods and Nitrous Oxide. Hoping to push 1,000+ out of this street car, just because

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Very nice car. I've seen videos of nos bottles exploding to catristrofic engine failure like the intake manifold blowing up or pistons melting. I'd rather not touch the stuff but really cheap horsepower.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    It's not a bad car for my first attempt at painting, but i wasn't satisfied with the way the red turned out. Next time i paint it, i'm going with Barracuda Silver Poly and Matte Black Stripes to match the interior. (A Red Duster looked better in my mind, than it does in person, lol)

The engine is built up enough to handle the nitrous, but it's not hooked up at the moment. Oh and here's some video of the beast, it's a little short (my camera ran out of storage space because i forgot to delete about 1,000 pictures from it) http://youtu.be/MlDj9OsUZPM

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    yeah i am not a fan of nitrous. i like all motor....n/a builds. But to each his own...either way its a bad ass car....

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    You could always try a malbro or a candy apple red. If it's too dark, you can thin it out a bit. Also that scion xb silver is similar to the color of my hatchback but the base of mine was a brown I believe. Pewter is the corect term. I found a few pics Ima upload to my thread in the other cars section.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    Quote Originally Posted by 4doorciv View Post
    You could always try a malbro or a candy apple red. If it's too dark, you can thin it out a bit. Also that scion xb silver is similar to the color of my hatchback but the base of mine was a brown I believe. Pewter is the corect term. I found a few pics Ima upload to my thread in the other cars section.
    Here's an example of the Barracuda Silver Poly, in an attempt to stay with a Mopar Color on this car. It's never been painted in anything but Mopar Colors. Original Paint was Frost Mint Green, followed by Alpine White, followed by Plum Crazy Purple, followed by Rallye Red.

http://www.mikesdiecast.com/50731.jpg

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Not bad. There are a lot of gm colors I like better then most toyota and honda colors. are there any other colors you thought about?

The red you painted might have just been a bit too dark, thouhts on retrying the red?

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    I've considered Hemi Orange too, i'm afraid to try any other reds anymore. And the Security Cameras act funky in the morning hours, they make my Duster look like it's halfway between Yellow, Copper & Orange (It's a weird, one of a kind but totally awesome color), if i could capture that image on a file it would make the perfect color for my car. Infact, i'm gonna see if i can save a Still-Frame from the security system and get the color mixed.

Array
    Status
    Lewistown, PA
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

Dodge V8
    The Duster took a turn from Fun Car to Pure Insanity.

I had been saving up money for a very long time and decided to put it to use...

Mopar Performance R3 340 Race Engine Block, Crower Billet 3.31" Stroke Crankshaft, CP H Beam Rods, CP Forged Pistons, Massively Ported 2.02 "J" Heads, Milodon Gear Drive Timing set, Crane 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers, Lunati 494/513 Lift Cam (Way too mild, but I'm curious to see what kind of street manners the car has), Windage Tray, High Volume Oil Pump.

1-7/8" Primary / 3" Collector Long Tube Headers (1-7/8 is a bit on the small side, I will probably have to upgrade to 2" Primary tube headers), 3" Dual Exhaust, Side Exit/Side Pipes.

Not to mention a "Hemi" A833 18-Spline 4-Speed Manual Transmission, Dana 60 Rear Axle, Subframe Connectors, Rollcage, etc.

The car is currently being torn down to fix some damage to the body and finish up the reinforcements (Torque Boxes, Subframe Connectors, Cage, etc) and then it goes into the booth for a fresh coat of paint and the new 340/4-Speed gets crammed into the car. Here's a shot from last year, when I was test fitting the "new" Hood (converting the car from a 1974 to a 1971 Clone)