Hey guys I figured I'd post up a build thread for my new project truck. How this truck came around was strange and I believe destined. I work as a claims officer for an insurance company and this truck came in to make a claim as it was hit by someone we insured. Funny thing is I saw this vehicle two days before at the accident scene and said to myself now that's a nice project truck. Long story short I bought it from the guy and am absolutely in love. I was born in 1986...the truck is a 1986 model year...when it was hit it had 86k miles on it. Onto the pics.

How I got it...

First thing I did was pull off the rear bumper as I don't want one and well this one was damaged. I began working on the interior...pulled off the damaged dash pad, put in a new Pyle retro style radio, made new door & kick panels, redid the bench seat and got rid of the headrests, replaced most of the ignition system, plastidip the wheels and some other odds an ends.

I then pulled off the bed and pulled out the fender dent a bit so that I can drive the truck around instead of having it just sit waiting for money or parts.

Next on the plan of things is to begin the bodyworks. I need to get some stuff from Mike for that and I need to finalize the interior...mainly putting on the door panels, but I'm trying to minimize the amount of water that gets inside the cab throught the doors. Any ideas suggestion or advice is greatly welcomed guys.