Does anyone know a way to keep the stock cluster working with a non mitsubishi motor swap?

The part that is stumping me the most is the speedometer. I have the transmission gears figured out but I'm 99% sure I can't make my mechanical speedometer cable mount to the back of the cluster. Is there a way i could possible take the stock mitsu cable end and crimp it to the new cable? I know nothing about the workings of a speedometer cable so I'm sorry if that sounds stupid I really have no idea.

I saw this part https://www.hawksmotorsports.com/ele...clip-on-style/ but for the price of this I could get a full jegs set with Speedo, tach, temp, voltage, and oil pressure. Do you guys think this could work??

Does anyone Know of an electronic speedometer that could take the place of ours possibly a later model mitsu? What years did they switch to electronic speed sensor? I've been kicking around the idea of keeping the stock gauge face and using a vss style and mounting it behind and using an adapter to calibrate it.

Any input at all will be appreciated even if your not sure it would work I will do the footwork to make it work if possible. Hoping to get this figured out so we can get a write up for future swappers.

Thanks in advance
Thomas