Hey there everyone. A couple months ago I bought an 83 Power Ram D50 and finally decided to post up here. You guys have been awesome with sharing your knowledge and guiding me through some of my issues already.

So I saw this truck sitting in a parking lot with a for sale sign and thought I should go take a look at it. I didn't until a few days later and after a short test drive and grinding the gears trying to find second I bought it. Immediately I took it home, cleaned up the interior and fell in love with it. It was a second vehicle for me so getting a lot done wasn't much of a priority. Luckily my dad is freaking awesome when it comes to wiring so after spending a week trying to figure out what was actually happening he knocked it out of the park and got it all done. Pictures below show the carnage.

Still there is a lot that needs to be done but that's why I am here now. I just sold my other car so now this will get all the attention. Plans for this truck are fairly simple and straight forward. Currently it is the G63B motor with the 4 speed manual tranny. The carb that was on it when i bought it was a crappy weber fake so I got a real one and it made a huge difference. The goal is to make this a decent daily driver and that will start with finding a 5 speed manual trans. So if anyone knows where I can locate that, I would greatly appreciate it. Additionally I want to do the DOHC swap. Otherwise not a ton will go into it regarding modifications. Clean it up, quiet it down, drive it and enjoy it.

I do know that it has the 2nd gen leafs so it sits a little high in back and ultimately the goal would be a small lift, nothing crazy. After getting under the truck it looks like one torsion bar is maxed out and one it completely shot so I will have to figure that out as well. already replaced the shocks/struts and will be working on getting the other suspension components taken care of as well. So anyways, that seems like a lot for an intro but like I said, I hope to be here awhile and look forward to picking everyone's brain.

Anyways, thanks for reading everyone. Here are some pictures.

Day 1.
IMG_1221.jpg

Not a beauty queen but great nevertheless
IMG_1222.jpg

Pictures dont do it justice, the seat is very clean after cleaning it up
IMG_1220.jpg

Oh yes, the awesome wiring. My dad is my hero
IMG_1227.jpg

This is fine
IMG_1234.jpg

Not worried about any fires here. At least the tape covered everything. That wasn't always the case
IMG_1236.jpg

Not gonna need any of this...
IMG_1233.jpg

So far I am happy with these
IMG_1250.jpg

PS: I'll post in the wanted section but here is a quick list of things im looking for right off the bat:

1. KM145 Tranny
2. Front quarter panels
3. Driver side window internals
4. DOHC head
5. Torsion Bars