I was wondering if you could help me troubleshoot a transmission problem I'm having? Most post online lead me to believe it either needs a new clutch (which i'm hoping is the worst of things) or a new gearbox, which can be pricey.

I recently traded my Integra for a '94 MightyMax, 2.4l, 4g64, 2x4, 5 speed manual, gas. When I first test drove the truck it made a whining noise in 3rd gear only. The seller led me to believe this was just a lack of transmission fluid problem (he said he spilled about a quart while replacing a clutch fork).

After I made the trade, assuming it wasn't a MAJOR problem, I drove off in my new little beast. Well, that whining sound was happening in every gear EXCEPT 4th. Right away I new something was off. I'll be driving the truck 1k miles or so back home so I need it to be in tip top shape. As I was heading the 45miles back to the place i'm staying I decided to test how it would handle freeway driving. I kept it in 5th gear between 75-80mph. 10 miles from the house, the whining noise got really loud, the truck popped out of 5th gear, and when I put it back into 5th, the engine just revved. I pulled over.

On the side of the road I shifted the truck into every gear, let the clutch out and the engine just revved, like it wasn't engaging in any gear. I popped the hood and noticed the radiator reservoir was boiling (i could feel it bubbling inside).

Back at home I did my best to troubleshoot clutch or gears; Truck starts fine but i shift into any gear and let the clutch out and nothing. It doesn't even stall. Not even in reverse. With the truck off, I put it in any gear and I can push the truck as if it was still in neutral.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. At this point I'm not sure whether to trade the truck back for my car or keep it. I REALLY like this truck and it's in great condition, plus i need it for work.

THANK YOU in advance.