I started this adventure looking for an old truck to use as a woods truck play toy. Some reason this truck really caught my attention but some of the issues the PO SAID he was having had me worried. So I did some creaping on the forum before I bought it. With some guidance from members I was able to get it running good. Started out testing parts PO SAID were bad at local AutoZone. Starter and alternator checked out good. Next I had to sort out fuel situation. It was flooding bad and backfiring out both ends. I found timing was way out. Also the Weber needed rebuilt diaphragms were dry rotted and needle valve was worn. The PO was still using factory mechanical fuel pump. I did away with mech pump and installed an electric pump. Make a block off plate for fuel pump and secondary vacuum pump on manifold. I thought I had it figured out at this point. I had been messing with the ignition along the way. It would run for 20 mins or so and die. Narrowed it down to the icm. It kept getting hot and breaking down. I have access to a thermal imaging camera and was able to find excessive heat coming thru distributor. Replaced it and cleaned up and checked grounds to be safe. So far to date it's been doing good. It still wants to over run when I shut it off. I've been driving it to work the last couple days with no issues other than when down shifting or coming to a complete stop to get into first gear it's done fine for 31 year old truck. Unless something major happens I plan on driving as often as possible. I plan on still using it as a woods truck but this truck is growing on me so I won't be abusing it like I intended. I'll try to keep up on progress as I keep tinkering on it.