Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
Looks good phillie. I see you still have the old standby of the wheel lock/polo mallet combo. Little trick I learned with steering wheel locks - when you fit them, have the lock mechanism facing towards the instrument panel. It will take a lot longer to forcibly remove the lock. If they're determined it won't stop them but the chances of getting busted increases enough for them to think twice. You need a kill switch and if you ever fit an electric fuel pump, have another switch to disable it. Even if they get it started they won't get far.
Thank you. I will do that. Its true, if they want it they'll figure a way to get it. I do need to fit a kill switch but if the buggers don't know about this truck they'll have a hard time starting it anyways. My glow plugs are connected to a momentary switch. If they don't warm up the glow plugs it won't start. So I kinda have a kill switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Spence View Post
I'll be honest... Most of my trucks life, since I've owned it, has been spent with the doors unlocked.
I don't dare take that chance. People will rummage through the truck if the doors are unlocked. You must live in quiet area.

Reason why I haven't been active is because I've been contemplating on selling the truck. I don't have the time I use to be doing a lot of work to it. Right now the main things bothering me is the suspension and seat. I'm sure if I do the suspension how I want to do it I'll be at least $1k into it. Id want to replace all the bad ball joints, bushings and worn parts. I want to lower the truck and gain some better handling so I'm sure quality lowering components aren't cheap. As for seats I have to figure out seat mounts. Not to many people make seat mounts for our trucks OR get the bench reupholstered to being very supporting which I've never seen before because we all know bench seats are errr bench seats.

I'll make a thread for advice for suspension.