Greetings all,

I have been lurking here for a few months, but now I'm posting cause I have a specific questing I am hoping your vast collective knowledge can help me with.

The truck in question:
1989 Mighty Max 4x4 Macrocab. PO did an engine swap: 1983 4D55 Turbo Diesel with a 5 speed. The guy I got it from was using it as a farm truck for quite a few years. It look a little bit to get it back on the road, but it was totally worth it. I freaking love this truck. Everything about it. I am a diesel nut, and finding a little 4x4 turbodiesel like this was a dream come true. I felt like I won the lottery.

The story:
I was in a front end collision 2 days ago. Wet road coming down a hill and the car in front of me stopped at a green light to turn left. I locked up the brakes and slid probably four car lengths into her. By the time we collided I was going approximately 20mph.

IMG_2525.jpgIMG_2520.jpgIMG_2521.jpg

At first glace, I believe the frame is ok. I shut the motor off at the scene, so I know that made it. It didn't even blow the radiator, just pushed the fan into the shroud.

What I do need is a ton of front end body stuff. Fender, inner fender, hood, bumper, grille, lights, and a lot of little pieces underneath that hold it all together.

Which brings me to my question:

Do I need to find body panels from a 2nd Gen Mighty Max/D50 ('86-'96), or is there any parts interchangeability with any other Mitsubishi vehicles? Of course I want to bring it back to it's original glory, but if I am having trouble finding the same front end and need to swap on a different front end, then that's what I'll do. I just want to be informed of my options when I start my massive search. As you can tell, I'm just worried about being able to find the parts.

I am a mechanic, I just have way less experience with body work. Unless your talking about welding old rusted VW diesels back together.

Thanks everyone.

-Eli