Well, 1st off, apologies for kind of going AWOL. My dad was sick for a while but he died. We figured he would but not so soon. Everything else sort of gets put on hold when that happens because life's like that I guess. Trying to get back into projects is taking a little bit more out of me than I thought. But here I am.

Tonight going to the store the steering wheel makes a noise, it's in the cab seemingly right between where the steering wheel attaches to ?whatever that's called? that holds the blinker arm and the wiper control arm.

I'll check the power steering fluid in the morning just to be sure, but this is not that infamous low power steering fluid sound.

This sound is like someone dumped a bunch of sand in the steering column right behind the steering wheel. I guess I can try to get a video of it if needed to record the sound, but that's if I can't figure it out maybe... unless someone is curious...

Figure tomorrow I'll try to pull the steering wheel off and see what's inside behind it. Never pulled one off before so I've got zero idea what to expect or how to do it, so I went searching.

Found this: http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ll=1#post13220 that makes it seem the steering wheel comes off without a steering wheel puller, does it? Is it really as simple as taking off a bolt?

Can I re-attach the steering wheel so it's straight and level and not turned a little when the truck tires are heading straight? (or does that require more work like messing with the steering gear box?)

Since I'm in there, if I get that far, I'll look into why the wiper delay isn't working, the windshield wiper control arm's 1st position doesn't do a dang thing. Maybe i Need a new unit? Unsure until I can get in there and take some pics ~ I'll share Maybe I'll get that far, maybe not. We'll see.

Please any tips are seriously appreciated, as it's my first time & all for this. Thank you