I found this little fighter on FB marketplace, just over 200k on the odometer and a few small problems.

It was parked in the back of a small private junkyard, where it had sat for a couple years. It's got a small rust hole in the frame, and the previous owner had pulled the fuel tank and unbolted the bed to have it plated to pass Virginia inspection. He gave up on it at that point, but since I'm registering it in my home state the only inspection I need is a VIN verification.

After hooking up a jerry can and running a fuel line into the cab, it drove out of that yard and made it almost a full 10 miles down the road before saying no more... Searching this forum is pointing me to either a bad coil, clogged fuel pump, or the accelerator pump/secondary jet/choke adjustment etc...

I'm going to be ordering a carb rebuild kit and a set of rockers, probably a few other things while I'm at it. I've got a couple weeks that I can spend the time to make it good, fix all the little stuff and clean it up proper. It's never going to look like a show truck, but I'm determined to make this truck run like the Energizer Bunny.

My end goal for this truck is a solid daily driver that is capable on the trail and still gets decent gas mileage, and to just have fun with it. I'll post pictures once I have daylight, but fair warning: it's not pretty right now.