Array
    Status
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other

Added the Rancho Helper leaf

Had the Rancho Helper leaf added to the rear spring stack and it made a good difference. Picked the rear end up, leveled out the rig, and added some carrying capacity.New Rancho leaf.jpg

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    When you added the helper leaf, did you check for cracks in the main leafs? My 1980 main leafs cracked front to back from the center hole about 4" and I had to replace them - the other leafs were fine.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Portland Oregon
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Other
    The wrench who installed them for me had them out on the bench and didn't mention anything about cracking. (Decided to have his shop do it for $80 instead of spending a day in the driveway trying to get it right These are an aftermarket set of Rancho "reversed" springs I think ... The guy who built up the truck did them for over-axle.

I remember some paperwork about reversing them. Hopefully they are stronger than stock. If not, there is always Bentz Spring here in Portland; they make the best.

Quote Originally Posted by pennyman1 View Post
    When you added the helper leaf, did you check for cracks in the main leafs? My 1980 main leafs cracked front to back from the center hole about 4" and I had to replace them - the other leafs were fine.