Thread: Front bumper conversion questions

Array
    Status
    Willards md
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50

Front bumper conversion questions

hey guys i just got my first Dodge ram 50! its a 1990 d50 4 banger 5 speed. My front bumper and valence were really banged up and decided to take them off. ive just got a couple questions,
    1) Ive been looking everywhere for a 1993+ mighty max front bumper but cant find one anywhere, anyone know where i can get one?
    2) Does toyota or chevy make a front bumper with similar dimensions to ours?
    and
    3) Anyone have any type of style of bumper they think looks good id love to see it for ideas.
    Thanks alot for the help ima update pictures soon

Array
    Status
    Bridgeville, DE
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Check out Murray Motors in Seaford De, Jesse told me a few weeks ago that he had Ram 50 or two in there, I'm not sure on the years or if he has any MMs. I haven't made it down there to look yet to see if there is anything that I need.
    and welcome to the site, this seems to be a pretty good place to find just about anything on these trucks.

Array
    Status
    Willards md
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    thanks mllrtm79 for the reply but i just called and they havent had one for some time MM that is, i think ima head up to mitchells savage yard in laurel sometime soon and see what they have

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    The 93+ bumper covers can be found in ebay. 89-95 toyota pickup /4runner bumpers are about the same size and look good on these trucks, but you gotta make your own mounting brackets.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Go to car-part.com and type in your location. Not sure how far you want to drive but a couple popped up in the East. I updated my '91 after my son had a little incident with it and really do like the look of the newer bumper. Be sure to get the two brackets and it is a snap.

Array
    Status
    Willards md
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    thanks guys for the reply i found one on ebay after a week looking guess it was luck so hopefully itll be here soon and ill upload pics it was the 93+ mighty max one ( =

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    I found a really clean one off of a '94 in a local salvage yard yesterday and swapped it out with the old beat up bumper and valence on my '90. Only problem was that I didn't grab the two end brackets off of the '94 because I thought I'd just reuse the ones on the '90 but the nuts and bolts are galvanized on. It would have taken two minutes to remove 4 bolts instead of fighting the galvanic weld situation. I also forgot to grab the rubber spray "curtain" that keeps debris from the front wheels from getting into the engine compartment. I might make a return trip for a few odds and ends.

Array
    Status
    Willards md
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    my new bumper should be coming in today and ill put it on and see how it goes, there was 2 89 dodge rams at the savage yard i went to yesterday but were in so bad of condition the only usuable part would be a fender = /

Array
    Status
    Bridgeville, DE
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Which salvage yard did you find them in? I may be in need of some parts this summer.

Array
    Status
    Willards md
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    mitchells truck and auto savage its in laurel MD

Array
    Status
    Foco, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

Please Select Engine Type
    Hey guys i'm looking on doing a upgrade what all do you need to swap to a 93 bumper cover from a 2 piece chrome bumper and valance? and brackets needed?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    You at least need the bumper cover, the front reinforcement bar, and your two side brackets will work. There are two more brackets on each side of the reinforcement bar but they are not absolutely necessary. All can be found on ebay, or try car-part.com to look for used oem parts.

Array
    Status
    Foco, CO
    Vehicle

Engine

Please Select Engine Type
    Sorry for bringing up a old thread guys but what does the reinforcement bar look like? It's really hard for me to find 93+ parts at the salvage yards here in co. The bumper cover doesn't sit on he old bumper without the end caps? My bumper got messed up in a minor fender bender and I'm trying to get the bumper cover instead of the chrome bumper n valance. Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Garner, NC
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G63
    On my '93, mine looks faded due to the uv rays.
    I need to shine it and paint it black.