Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just picked up my first truck 1989 power ram 50

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    sorry I didn't make that clear. I meant header - pipe - cherry bomb - pipe then turbo muffler (back behind/around the rear tires with a turn down around where the stock tailpipe would have been)

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50

nother pic...

anyways decided I'll do pacesetter header (has now been ordered) 2.25" pipe with some sort of glasspack (cherry bomb ?? thrush??? come on guys chime in here) then 2.25" pipe to a muffler... debating on a cherry bomb or delta 60 I kind of like the thought of sticking with the same brand stuff... like using the cherry glasspack and muffler.. but doesn't have to be.. I just don't want it to seem too rigged up ... plan to order in the morning so hoping someone can help show more opinion on the matter.. I also plan to do a 2.5 pipe running from the muffler as the tailpipe.. don't know if I'll get a tip or turn it down

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    well guys I just went ahead and went cheap so I can hurry and get it on the road.. my DD needs a valve job and lifters done so I decided not to splurge on exhaust. got the dynomax "thrush" glasspack 25" and picking up a thrush welded today or in the morning.

going pacesetter header - 2.25" pipe - glasspack (roughly around where the cat was) - then 2.25" pipe back to the stock muffler location where I'll have it run into a 2.5" in/out thrush welded muffler then from there I'll have a 2.5" tailpipe to try and help with a slightly deeper tone.. have no plans for a tip yet.. I'll wait to get it to the exhaust shop that doing my tubing to see which route would be best.

front control arms should be here monday windshield will be brought and installed next pay day 204$ installed for new glass.. yeah baby a couple people laughed and told me good luck finding one.. onlile they go for a small fortune.. so I can't complain at all

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    New glass $65.00 + shipping from our contact out here.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    I'm sure shipping is a lot more than it's worth: / 204 for the glass with delivery and installation is good enough

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    montero control arms (arms purchased), t-crank, shackles,

light bar of some sort.. (considering the cab mounted carr since I don't want to shell out 1000 for a bed mount)

altenator upgrade for the lights/audio

mechanical fan delete with electric fans replacing it.

3" bl,

rear montero gears with lsd, front gear swap, (researching)

33" tires,

weber carb/electric fuel pump, (currently the stock carb does fine that's why this upgrade is being put off

really really want a winch and would LOVE a nice bumper for it. (don't even know where to begin...)

I really would like a/c... it looks like my truck MAY have used to have it but I'm not sure...I have not researched much into it

those are roughly in order that I plaan to do them

I'm sure there is a lot more but at this moment I don't remember.. but I figured hell after the engine swap, buying it and exhaist I have more money in it than I'll see and I like the truck and like being different... so why not just fix it up more to fit my taste/needs

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    dang I didn't realize I couldn't edit stuff.. I was planning to add prices and items to the list why don't you guys allow editing our own posts?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Im not sure but it should be allowed, never been on a board that doesnt allow editing of posts.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    heck yeah.. got my new control arms in.. came with new balljoints bushings control arm shafts and hardware... I still don't see what's supposedly so special about them but once confirmed that they fit and lift the truck at least the stated 1" I'll post some pics of before/after and a side by side pic of the arms for all future members who want some updated info. bouncing around on the archives had the info but no real pics or info from people who had done it to their personal truck (not that it seemed like anyways)

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Quote Originally Posted by DroppedMitsu View Post
    Im not sure but it should be allowed, never been on a board that doesnt allow editing of posts.
    I know it makes it seem strange to me.. I am always listing stuff (mainly for my own motivation and for me to keep track of stuff) so I edit a lot.. and since I can't do that you just see a lot of extra posts from me as I'm updating.

Array
    Status
    Bridgeville, DE
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I'm pretty sure that donators are supposed to be able to edit their posts, in fact I think we used to be able to. Maybe it's something we lost in the last upgrade?

in fact it allowed me to edit this, but not my previous posts on this thread...
    Last edited by mllrtm79; 05-15-2012 at 07:50 AM. Reason: adding to

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    I THINK that you can only edit your last post and only for a short period of time. I dunno. I know most forums (I've been on TONS) let you do it.. this is only the second forum I've been on that doesn't allow it. I always thought having to multipost killed the storage/bandwith used by the site ?? Idk

anyways arms are in... can't complain for all new bushings hardware and balljoints.. but I see no real difference in the montero arms and d50 arms other than removable balljoints

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50
    finally got the header in.. having it installed since the truck is still at the shop and then it's being delivered to a muffler shop to put all my stuff on.

I wish I had to tools and area to work on the mechanical stuff myself.. but a dirt driveway and a floor jack just doesn't cut it all the time when I sleep during the day

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    You should be able to edit. Look to the lower right of the post.

untitled.jpg
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    United States
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Power Ram 50

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Thats strange. Try looking at one of your other posts in the forum some where. I'll look into it. It might be a setting for the new b section. You should make a build thread. Also try to make one in the test area and see if it shows up. It looks correct on the back side.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    The only place a donator can't edit is in the for sale area.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123