I have a 91 mighty max 4x4 (manual with 3.0) and am interested in lifting it. I have a couple questions, any help/answers would be greatly appreciated. I'm not that well-learned on this, a bit of a noobie.

I have seen lots of body lift kits and the like, but have seen a little being said about a suspension lift kit from JC Whitney. Anyone heard of this? I've heard people refer to it but have yet to see someone who's actually used it. I'm not real keen on wanting to do a body lift, i'd prefer to get the additional clearance of a suspension lift.

I have yet to check my truck's differential gear ratios, but I'm assuming they are the 3.9s since the 4.2s are supposedly rare. How big of a tire can you run on the 3.9 without ruining the drivability? or should I just look for 4.2s or 4.6s from a montero?

Also, are the stock axles / differentiels / etc. strong enough or would it be better to replace them?

I'm not wanting a serious 4-wheeler, but i'd like some good capability, i'm not fully satisfied with stock capability.

THANKS!