Thread: 2.0L with stock carb struggling to idle

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Mitsuzero our truck Mikuni carbutetors are a little different as well as other stuff a little different ~ try not too feel bad & don't give up ~ even after rebuilding my Mikuni carb new fuel pump all filters new dist cap rotor plugs wires all new MY TRUCK still has similar issues that you are experiencing ~ I think the often happening little miss mostly at low rpm in 2nd gear is fuel related because if I floor the accelerator it clears right up PLUS no other regular misfires happen when driving my truck ~ and the darn engine even has a brand new cylinder head too $÷&[,"#×%

Just try more trouble shooting testing etc & try not too spend to much $$ on parts if possible ~ don't give up these little trucks come in really handy & a new truck is so expensive ~ I use NON Ethanol gas (make sure the catalytic convertor is NOT plugged

Best of luck
    George
    Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive

Array
    Status
    Rome Georgia
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Well I have very good news, in the process of driving my truck around it finally decided to start idling out of the blue. I guess the idle circuits were gummed up and a mixture of fresh gas and fuel treatment with the heat of driving helped free it up. Thank you to everyone who contributed advice

Array
    Status
    tucson az
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61
    glad its running better.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Great News ~ I should silicone spray the outside of my stock Mikuni carburetor once more; just to see if it causes the engine to run better like it did the one time I did it before...
    Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12