Array
    Status
    Washington
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

New Head cam sprocket difference

I’ve got a new head for the G54B and on this one the pin to hold the cam sprocket in place is sticking out of the cam instead of the double sided pin on the sprocket itself, my worry is if I use this new sprocket I won’t be able to keep the distributor drive gear in place but I obviously can’t use the old sprocket with the cam the way it is. Does anyone know if the pin coming out of the cam is removable, or should I try to put a pin in the distributor drive gear? Just curious if anyone’s run into this issue before and what the common practice is. Also in case anyone asks I can’t use the old cam because it’s so torn up.

here’s an Imgur link of what I’m talking about because it wouldn’t let me post the photo from my phone https://imgur.com/a/4lE6WmB
    thanks for any and all help

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    Can you get a longer pin? If you can, just replace the pin. I would be surprised if the pin wasn't removable. 99% of the time they are easy to pull out. For them stubborn basturds, put the pin in a bench vise, thread in the bolt (not tight) and TAP with a hammer.

Array
    Status
    Washington
    Vehicle

1987 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    I’m sure a longer pin isn’t unobtainable, I tried working that pin out with a pair of vice grips and had to stop before I did too much damage (although I’m not sure that’s possible as the pin was messing up the harbor freight vice grips more than it was getting nicked) lol
    The pin didn’t seem to want to budge at all

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    That must be a new cam. Contact the manufacturer?