Array
    Status
    Salem,VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Looking for someone to rebuild a 2.6 g54b

Looking for someone to rebuild my 2.6 g54b. The closer to Virginia, the better. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    I would be willing to help you out with the little bit I know about this G54B Engine, unfortunately I'm not no where near you. I'm in California. I can probably help you with some questions you have because I'm currently rebuilding my engine.

Array
    Status
    Salem,VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    I appreciate the offer. I don't have the proper equipment to do the necessary machining it may require. I'm also working on the body and frame of the truck currently and was hoping to have it rebuilt so it would be ready when I start putting things back together.

Array
    Status
    miami, fl
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge D-50
    Engine

4G64
    can try the starion guys. Still members scattered about: https://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?/forums/

many go to for machine work(if you need it). Parts also.: https://www.enginemachineservice.com/ems/index.php

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The 2.6L G54B (aka 4G54 without jet valves) was also used in many forklifts, and of course many Mopar models as well.

Ya might call around to local shops that specialize in older Japanese makes or Mopars to see if they can rebuild it or recommend another shop they use for these rebuilds. Maybe also contact some warehouses to see if they use forklifts with Mitsubishi engines and ask who they use for rebuilds.

Could well be they just buy ready-made rebuilt replacement engines and return the old engine for a refund of the core charge.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Salem,VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Remans and new are no where to be found. I have searched pretty extensively. I can find master rebuild kits though.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    I would have a shop build a short block and head and put in the delete kit for the counter shaft. You can have the stock cam profiled a little. But not much.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    laidlowmitsu, this YouTube video is 6 years old but maybe it will help you search for an engine..? The guy bought one from Japan through ebay...

https://youtu.be/KEWsEmip8UU?feature=shared

Daily Overhauls Do Get Expensive

Array
    Status
    Salem,VA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Thanks everyone! I found a small mom and pop shop about 30 minutes away from me. Gave me a tour of his shop, even told me he would call me to come look at what he finds when he tears the motor down. Very nice people. He was knowledgeable about the 2.6. He told me that when I got it backthe balance shaft and jet valves would be deleted. Pretty confident I made the right choice. Cool old couple, he does the work and she does the office.

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by camoit View Post
    I would have a shop build a short block and head and put in the delete kit for the counter shaft. You can have the stock cam profiled a little. But not much.
    What benefit would deleting the counter shafts do? Are these also called the balance shafts?

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B
    If one deletes the balance shafts, that is one less chain to adjust/break. Some people who have done this experience a slight bit more vibration at a specific RPM, but most don't notice anything different. I don't believe there is anything bad about it either way, but there is more maintenance if you keep them.

Array
    Status
    Earth - California
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    If one deletes the balance shafts, that is one less chain to adjust/break. Some people who have done this experience a slight bit more vibration at a specific RPM, but most don't notice anything different. I don't believe there is anything bad about it either way, but there is more maintenance if you keep them.
    Oh I understand. Thank you Fingers.