Thread: Hello, I am new to the forum, I have a 1993 Mighty Max 2.4l 5 spd base. I like it!

Array
    Status
    Salem, Oregon
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Hello, I am new to the forum, I have a 1993 Mighty Max 2.4l 5 spd base. I like it!

Since the 60s i have always done my own maintenance and repairs on vehicles, researching by reaching out, using quality information knowing when to get some help.

This truck of mine has been great, however it has me stumped now so my next post will either be sharing what i had and what ended up being the issue or explaining the problem and what i have done so far and that i am open to any and all suggestions from other car guys that don't give up.

Thanks Spike

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to the site. Post away with questions and comments! There are many here who can respond to your questions and others who can learn from your experiences trying to keep your truck alive.

Array
    Status
    Salem, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Hello this is Spike, i will continue with my provious post.
    have a 93 mighty max 2.4l aprox. 180K well maintained always runs well until about a week ago. after a short drive restarting is a 50-50 until an hour or so goes by then all seems to be fine. i started looking into it, just a basic look over at first, I pulled the codes that were stored, it showed TPS &Motor Position sensor, So i pulled plugs,ran a vacuum check found a crack on a plug at rear of plenum, replaced it, checked compresson check~ 150 /135 /143/150.. front to rear. as for emissions TPS, IAV, Motor sensor, coolant temp. sensor ( fell apart when i pulled the connector the top of sensor came off with it ) I thought ah ha. of course i tested it and and it was good but i got a new one.

since my tools were out i decided to look at things that wernt looked at for a wile, timing belts, the EGR system, cleaned the air flow sensor , PCV, and basicaly cleaned up the engine that i could now get to , lubed the front end, new coolant. that is basicaly it to date.

now from the time this no restart began ti had gotten more and more frequent which seemed to me the issue was not something that just stoped working it was detorating progressively. so i buttoned it up to run it to test the fuel system and more vacuum wile running, it started right up rah fine, i shut it off to hook up for testing and it would not start. i checked for any new codes stored since i let it warm up and there were none. This is my adventure to date, i am not done so therefore i have alot of information for when i get back to it. besides the tests i am set up for i want to know to get to the crank angle sensor, it being in the distributor is no thing but i do want to look into it. has anyone done this or have info on that process? also, for what i have listed so far please give me any and all advice that could share and don't forget your opinions, those are priceless. Thanks alot in advance for your time reading. and i look forward to sharing the same with you .. Spike

Array
    Status
    Salem, Oregon
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Thank you for the warm welcome FMS88

Array
    Status
    ks
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G63
    Welcome!

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Sounds like a bad capacitor, showing it’s head slowly. Pull the ECM out from under the dash. Take it apart and get a bright light and take a look. I bet they are starting to leek or you have a bad solder spot.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com