Array
    Status
    Farmersville
    Vehicle

1993 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other

Distributor diffrences

Hello, HAVENT found any info on the diffrences between these trucks distributors, can someone tell me if the internal parts of these distributors are interchangeable..? I ordered a new distributor and when I got it I seen the plug is different than the one on my truck and much shorter, instead of sending it back in, was wondering if I can switch out the parts inside the distributor.. thanks in advance

Array
    Status
    Sutherlin, OR
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    My 89' ram50 2.6, has a 2.0 distributor in it. I found out, after ordering a new cap and rotor. 2.6 has a clip-on style cap. This one has screw's to install cap. I've read conquest/starion distributors work in the d50 2.6, I might try one.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by MISTEREAPYA View Post
    Hello, HAVENT found any info on the diffrences between these trucks distributors, can someone tell me if the internal parts of these distributors are interchangeable..? I ordered a new distributor and when I got it I seen the plug is different than the one on my truck and much shorter, instead of sending it back in, was wondering if I can switch out the parts inside the distributor.. thanks in advance
    If you're referring to the wiring pigtail connected to the electronic ignition control module/trigger inside the distributor, reckon you should have no trouble swapping your old pigtail over to the new distributor, just take note of which wire is connected to which terminal on the ICM (take photos of the old and new wiring connections first before you disconnect them).
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    also be sure to use heat transfer compound on the back of the module where it sits in the distributor, or it will burn up quickly.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Upstate, SC
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Ram50rocket, I remember that name and red tuck if thats you from years ago. Hope your doing well.
    Heres some links for some distributor specs.

https://workshop-manuals.com/mitsubi...pecifications/

https://tech.mirage-performance.com/...SYSTEM_16C.pdf