Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

mighty max 2

i got my 1990 base model mighty max in june 2011. it has givin me nothing but trouble til last sat. i think ive got all the bugs worked out and its time to start getting it the way i want it. so far: i got it home and it had no air filter, that seamed like not a big deal but they are not easy to come across! still trying to find a k&n, got a paper one in for now. i changed the plugs, wires, and distributer cap/rotor. drove it for 2 weeks and it was dead. replaced the computor, and had the distibuter rebuilt, that took over a month, it ran for a week or 2 and died on christmas eve at midnight. that was cold as hell while waiting for a ride home! i thought it was the fuel pump and my buddy fought me and said all we need to do is clean out the tank. a bunch of crap out of the tank later and a good fire in my yard from all the bad gas and it was running again. 2 days later, the pump crapped out. it now has a new fuel pump and filter and is running great! i hope to order a lowering kit in the next week or so to start doing what i planned on in july. i want a 3/3 drop, been looking around the net, any suggestions? id like to do a complete kit and replace as much of the stock suspention as possible. hope my rant wasnt to long

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    get chassie tech drop spindles, cut a ring off the front springs, pull a leaf out the rear, i cant remember how many i pulled....I just trashed my cut springs last week or id send them to ya....i have the leafs still, but its easy to pull them out...
    BTW love the avatar..misfits....took my son to see danzig a month or so back and he did a set with doyle of all old misfits songs..was great to see that..

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    This is the first year I haven't seen Danzig in a long time. Me n my bro go every year right around Halloween. Every time I saw him, the opening band was doyles band. Frankinstien5000? Think that's the name. So u think just drop spindles and use the existing springs? This is going to be my first lowered truck. I'd like to do it right so it still drives nice. Bounces all over right now.

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    to be honest....i have had several dropped trucks and they all bounce around...lol. You can do the drop springs for the front too, i cut mine cause i knew i was bagging at some point. I forgot to add for the back you can use a drop block instead of pulling the leaf since your only looking for a few inches..
    I have seen danzig a few times in the past, not much into him alone..been a misfits fan since they were together, the real misfits, not the newer crap.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I figure any more than 3 inches and I won't be able to get in or out of my driveway. It hit on the rear bumper brackets when I left the driveway until I removed them and the bumper. Def going to need a skid plate on the back so I don't kill the role pan.

Array
    Status
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle

1979 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Chevy V6
    Thats because you have changed the spring rate. Did the rubber bump stops get cut down? If not that makes them bouncy from what I have read. IDK, I go the other way... That just sounds bad no matter how I put it out there.
    Members come and members go, But the board keeps track of them.
    Find me on FaceBook
    clicking HERE.

Or look on YouTube Click Here.
    http://mobilemillwright.com

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    the rear of my truck was a 4 inch block and a leaf or 2 pulled., ill have to look but i think i had the helper leaf and one full left., yes you need to cut off the bump stops on your control arms or youll bottom out when hitting bumps, also if you buy drop shocks, that will help a ton.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I would do as Payrion suggested and get drop spindles(2") and cut about a turn of the stock coil off(~1-1.5"). This will give you the best ride in the front over drop coils alone(2.5"), make sure to get dropped shocks also. In the back I would say to pull the big thick middle leaf(~2") and add 1" drop block and also drop shocks. Drop shocks will greatly improve the ride after dropping your truck, it will not be as plush as stock since you have less suspension travel but it will be a nice firmer ride and not all bouncy. This is all just my opinion on how you should do it anyways.
    Also, make sure to cut the bump stops down, you can practically cut the rubber off save for like half an inch.
    Last edited by DroppedMitsu; 02-17-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    At the moment, everything is stock and nothing has been cut. This truck bounces like crazy. That's why I was thinking replace as much as possible. My 1ton box truck I drive for work is smoother! I don't really mind it too much, I was trying to improve the ride while dropping it. I'm prob going with the drop spindles and drop springs up front

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    instead of cutting the coils, get drop coils to go with the spindles. cutting stock coils screws up the spring rate and makes it ride hard by increasing the spring rate majorly. drop coils are stiffer also, but are engineered to ride better without the harshness.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    so ive been looking around found this http://www.streetperformance.com/par...012-436nd.html which is everything but the spindles, and this http://store.gaugemagazine.com/brows...-Spindles.html
    the only thing i didnt like is the kit comes with 3in blocks, i only need 1in and pull the leaf? like i said, this is new to me, if you have better suggestions, please send me a link. im hoping to order on sat(pay day is fri)!
    also, installed sirius radio in the truck cause it had no antenna. i was getting sick of my ipod and old cds. prev owner installed a kmart looking cd player, it will get me thru for a few months

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    anyone? do these products seem ok? like i said, i wanna do i right the first time.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    You know the Beltech kits is a 2.5" F/ 3.0" R drop http://belltech-store.com/main-cat-s...ering-kit.html. If you add spindles that would be another 2.0" in the front. and with the spindles you MUST run 17" or bigger rims.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    That's what I needed to know. I had no idea about the spindle and rim issue. So do u think that kit would do what I want? I wasn't planning on rims right away. Can only do so much at a time

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    i got some stuff today! got new pioneer 4in speakers for the dash, and pioneer 6x9s for behind the seat. also ordered the belltech drop kit. found it at summit racing for $230. should be delivered in a week. the only thing i didnt do was get 1in blocks, i asked the sales person there, they didnt have any. should i use the 3in that come with the kit or order 1in from somewhere else. i like the idea of using the 1 in and pulling a leaf out

Array
    Status
    Chesterton, IN
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    i would use the 3 inch block. did the kit come with drop shocks?

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    The kit comes with drop shocks, springs, blocks, bushings and all mounting bolts. There may be more with the kit that I'm not remembering. U think the bigger blocks will be better? The kit was bell tech 436p I'm pretty sure

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    You'll get less axle wrap when accelerating with the smaller block ans pulled leaf and the axle/u bolts will be further from the ground, but other then that nothing wrong with using the bigger block an no pulled leaf.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    I installed the front speakers in the stock locations, started working on running wire to the back and had an idea. Above the seatbelt coil is a 6in square stamped in the sheet metal. It looks deep enough to cut in my 6x9s. Has anyone cut that area out for speaker install? It would look a whole lot better then jammed behind the seat. Prob gonna drill a hole in the sheet metal tomorrow and look around in it. If its clear I'm going for it

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    you should have no issue with that as I have seen other 2nd gen trucks with speakers mounted there. Don't know the depth of the panel, but you could extend it out if the speakers you use are too deep.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Yes you can do that, i guess some trucks came stock with speakers in the rear pillars so I've heard.

Array
    Status
    Bolivar, TN
    Vehicle

1992 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    My truck came factory with 6" speakers in the rear pillars. Installing 6"X9"'s won't be a problem.

Array
    Status
    Fernley, NV 89408
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    6x9's can fit in the pillars BUT they overlap the stamped area . you can make a shim to go under the speaker. I have the rear plastic panels in my truck (2nd-gen) so they filled the gap under the speakers. you will want to use a jig-saw with a rotating blade to get into the tight areas.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    dmr8x2, you are correct. they do fit, they overlaped the top1/2 inch. i didnt know it was there and broke 3 jigsaw blades. first one was a little rough, second one cut nice and clean. the 6x9s fit with plenty of room

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64

OK I see what happened to your pictures. There all listed in the album. Edit this post then go to the advanced editor. Below the post click manage attachments. Then drag what pictures you want into the bottom box of the manager. Then click the insert in-line button. This will post them up. Camoit.

mitsu sub2.jpg
    Last edited by bobsnewdirection; 11-18-2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Fixed images

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast