i got my 1990 base model mighty max in june 2011. it has givin me nothing but trouble til last sat. i think ive got all the bugs worked out and its time to start getting it the way i want it. so far: i got it home and it had no air filter, that seamed like not a big deal but they are not easy to come across! still trying to find a k&n, got a paper one in for now. i changed the plugs, wires, and distributer cap/rotor. drove it for 2 weeks and it was dead. replaced the computor, and had the distibuter rebuilt, that took over a month, it ran for a week or 2 and died on christmas eve at midnight. that was cold as hell while waiting for a ride home! i thought it was the fuel pump and my buddy fought me and said all we need to do is clean out the tank. a bunch of crap out of the tank later and a good fire in my yard from all the bad gas and it was running again. 2 days later, the pump crapped out. it now has a new fuel pump and filter and is running great! i hope to order a lowering kit in the next week or so to start doing what i planned on in july. i want a 3/3 drop, been looking around the net, any suggestions? id like to do a complete kit and replace as much of the stock suspention as possible. hope my rant wasnt to long