Array
    Status
    Alabama
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G52
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsnewdirection View Post
    Ordered the one from Cosmo racing, hope to see it Monday.
    post pics once you have it on
    also,if you find a universal style intake pipe with the correct bend,i am sure you can take advantage of it instead of that restrictive accordian style pipe from the factory.Have your own personal styled intake..lol

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    got the cosmo racing filter kit in today, easy to install, instructions were good but there pics are terrible. Now, my question is, is this little tuna can with cardboard in it needed or no? it sat behind the maf, doesnt show it in the cosmo instructions. wasnt sure if i need some restriction Heres all the crap i pulled out!

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    So I was out going over to nj to take my boat out, there was a bridge opening so I sat in traffic for a while. When we finally started moving I let a cop out because I'm nice and would rather not have him behind me. We go about 100 ft and he throws the lights on, he pulled me over on the bridge for tailgating him! We are in crazy backed up traffic going 8 mph. His reason was because he couldn't see me. He was in an expedition and my truck is lowered.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    well it is the end of the month so you were just filling his ticket quota.

Array
    Status
    Alabama
    Vehicle

1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G52
    So I was out going over to nj to take my boat out, there was a bridge opening so I sat in traffic for a while. When we finally started moving I let a cop out because I'm nice and would rather not have him behind me. We go about 100 ft and he throws the lights on, he pulled me over on the bridge for tailgating him! We are in crazy backed up traffic going 8 mph. His reason was because he couldn't see me. He was in an expedition and my truck is lowered.
    fight it.take pics of his ride and urs and show judge.
    if u could sneak a pic of ur truck behind his,that would be better.
    if his windows are tinted dark,even better,imparied his vison and judgment

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    got the cosmo racing filter kit in today, easy to install, instructions were good but there pics are terrible. Now, my question is, is this little tuna can with cardboard in it needed or no? it sat behind the maf, doesnt show it in the cosmo instructions. wasnt sure if i need some restriction Heres all the crap i pulled out!
    Im gonna say you need that tuna can, but If the truck runs ok without it then Im wrong. I know the starion maf has a honeycomb deal like that before the sensor which helps it read properly. If yours is after the sensor then maybe its just like a turbulance builder to help atomize the air charge

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Ive been driving it without it, seems to be ok. I was thinking about putting it back in and seeing how it performs. I don't see any performance gains but it doesn't seem worse either. At least there's one less rusty part under my hood

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Got my wheels back yesterday. It has been raining and thunder n lightning on and off for the last 3 days. I got the rear wheels installed. Not a big fan of the tires. They look to small. 205/40/17. I'll put up a pic if I can figure out how to do it with my phone. Hope to get the fronts on tomorrow if the weather is good

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    I probably would have went 215/45, thats what I had on my 17s and they were like the perfect size.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Mine came on the wheels. Got rims and brand new tires for $500. Figured I couldn't go wrong. I got a break in the weather and got the fronts on, they look pretty good. I'll prob change the backs and have two spares for the front.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Still can't figure how to post pics with my phone. Anybody? I have an IPhone

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    I run 215/45/17 up front and 235/40/17's in back they are almost the same rolling diameter as the stock 185/75/14's that were on the truck.went with the 215's up front so at full lock the tire didn't contact the sway bar.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    not a fan of the back tires, way to much wheel well showing. i cant go any lower, i scrape leaving my driveway now that i changed the tires. thinking more back tire and lower the rear an inch

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Got my truck back from inspection today. I only put 3000 miles on it since it didn't run half the year. Emissions exempt! Gonna try to stay under 5000 next year so I can do some exhaust work. Gonna start lookin into that. Also, anyone in the Philly area may be interested. My towns car show is sept 9th. There is an adverage of 300 cars/trucks and 30 bikes. Good size show for a little town. Rockledge Pa.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    What do I remove on the rear brakes under the bed for the brakes to work properly with it lowered? Is it just the spring?

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    Yea you can just unhook the spring.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B-T
    What do I remove on the rear brakes under the bed for the brakes to work properly with it lowered? Is it just the spring?
    There is an adjustment bolt where the spring meets the bracket. Loosen it up and move it over toward the driver side

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    even getting a new key for these trucks is difficult. i pissed off the locksmith because he couldnt find any info on a mighty max. we eventually by trial and error came up with a key that fits. #x54 for a dodge colt. i have had 1 key for the truck for over a year and i cant believe i havent misplaced it yet.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Really I took my lock off the steering and took it in to a lock smith. 10 minutes later I had 2 brand new keys. No Door lock are avalible for the First gens so I used a set from a 85 Colt and reversed the inside arms. then had to open the key holes to except the lock barrel and it works great.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    In PA they are going to exempt all vehicles 95 and older from emissions - they already have done 85 and older. They have to finalize the paperwork and you'll be able to do what you want with the exhaust if you can find a shop willing to make the pipes.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Had my local car show this past Sunday, got first place in under construction. Was a pretty good turn out with around 300 cars/trucks. Also, I got new pump, timing belt, andbalance shaft belt installed, I'm having a little lower end sound when it's in park/neutral. Sounds fine in drive.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    all week ive been hearing a clanking sound near the drivers door, thought it was my seatbelt or my speaker grill had come loose. found out what it was today. the bolt that holds the window track up sheared thru the door. it must have been beating around in the door for a week. my window jammed half way down. luckily it was an easy fix, just put a big washer in place of the tiny one the factory used.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64
    Installed a newer radio in my truck today. Was sick of the cheap one that previous owner put in. Also made a bracket and installed Sirius radio in my glovebox. I have no antenna so I needed something. Question- anyone use power from the clock harness for the radio? It has constant and a real ground in the bundle. Old radio wouldn't keep settings.

Array
    Status
    Rockledge, PA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G64

Array
    Status
    Monticello, IN
    Vehicle

1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G63B
    i know its not much help but i had to use a multi tester on the radio to find my keyed power due to previous owner cutting the end off. then i just grounded the radio to the bracket.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast