Thread: 90$ truck parts prices what a ordeal.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

90$ truck parts prices what a ordeal.

I was in MO last week turkey hunting at my buddies place we can only hunt until 1 PM so I thought I’d look around for D50 parts near by at yards that do not list on the car-part.com search. The first place I struck gold about fell over at first the guy was not sure he even had any thought for sure no Mighty Max trucks there. Then they said they had one after a few day so I asked to look at it, they had 2 D50s and a Mighty Max out back.

I’ve been looking for a ECU for my 91 3.0 and wiring if that does not fix it (chewed wires) then boom I see the Power Ram V6 emblem on the ground next to the truck so I pop the hood sure enough. First thing I look at is the right kick panel it’s still in place so sweet deal then I look at the interior it’s in great shape and I notice the dash cluster and its the tach and gauges it was like Christmas then. LOL

Tried to buy the whole truck but no go yet, I’ve not given up on that quest yet. It has a bad paint job on it but it looks straight not sure a magnet will stick to it but it’s straight from my quick look over. The bench seat with the curved middle it looked excellent it is ripped on the divers side like normal but not collapsed like every stock truck I’ve ever came across. I did not check the rear end for a posi or limited slip differential yet. My buddy is going to finish the deal in the morning for me I plan to get the whole truck. It’s a stick so I can live with that option my current truck is an auto no problem.
    Last edited by Law Dog; 05-04-2023 at 02:28 PM. Reason: $ in title

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Just to put the title in context it took 8 days to even get a price on anything. I was wondering if they did not want to sell me anything but they were busy loading scrap the price must be high so they made hay when they could. I noticed 3 scrap trucks heading towards Omaha on I-29 when heading home also. Nice lady just overworked a bit over her head not organized much but nice I felt bad she was put in the middle but I’m sure they are short on help like most yards are.

She started reading a list from day 1 I said “ Lady we are way beyond that” so I brought her up to speed and what options I was looking for and she called me back with a price later in the day. Now I’ll make an offer on the whole truck and see where that goes at least I know what the parts I need the most will cost me.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Good luck with getting your parts deal through. It's only going to get harder to find them...
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Went South to the NE border before lunch I just planned on seeing what a new yard had but the guy handed me a tool box and said go for it. I think junkyards for me are like titty bars to other guys. LOL Lots of blasts from the past cars, laughed when I came across 2 Gremlins, Chargers a few newer Monteros (16” wheels dang), gold duster and others.

Found a Mighty Max Magnum 87 looked to be a deluxe vehicle in its time, everything but power windows on it 2.6 with a 5 speed 173,000. Pulled the gauge/tach speedo, cloth buckets and head rests, chrome front turn signals, perfect center console with good shifter boots, R/L bumper ends in great shape, fenders and hood all straight. Wanted the 5 slot chromes but they were 14” and they had a fire near by the truck they might of polished up but I have a set of 14s already. I wanted the shifter but it was a KM 132 so I passed on it.

I need to call back the other place I missed their call when I was parting out the MM.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Law Dog I feel the same about wrecking yards (love em) in Everett, WA the PickNPull yard in summer heat was like going to the beach for me ~ I even decide what to watch on TV based on whether or not there are old cars in the show 70s movies & original Bob Barker The Price is Right new 1960s 70s car prizes

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    It took all day because I took a tumble when I was chasing turkeys in MO last week fell on hidden wire twice after that. I ripped a shoulder and bruised a few ribs my left arm is not extending well but coming around slowly. If I planned on pulling parts I would have took my impact and tools with me, I had to go to the ATM to get cash for the parts even. LOL

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    The guy said he had a bunch of 2.0 and 2.6 gasket sets? After being there all days pulling parts one handed I was spent so that went by the wayside. I sent him a text today to get some idea what he has and a price for the stuff. I have a pile of engine parts for the 2.6 already but no use for the 2.0 stuff but I’m sure someone here might need the stuff.