Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B

Windshield

Does anyone know where to get a windshield? The auto glass places here cant seem to source one.

Array
    Status
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle

1984 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Have you checked out all your local salvage yards? I found one Ram 50 in a yard down here in San Antonio and I think the windshield was still good. In fact, I should probably go back and grab it while I can.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Still available from local glass shops I got my last one there no problem.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Safelite

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Id find a Mom and Pop shop for a better deal. I had my Tacoma done by the big names they are all about speed and upsell. My rearview mirror was loose and they wanted $300 just to set my sensors that I passed on, don’t think they will do that now making it a $1000 windshield. Had a second one replace for hundreds less and it was a better job.

My youngest boy was doing glass at the time he picked me up a spare second generation windshield for $100 new from a distributor for me.

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    Funny that Law Dog can get one no problem where he lives. The only glass shop in my town that CAN get one wants $700. I also don't have a Safelite anywhere near me.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    Funny that Law Dog can get one no problem where he lives. The only glass shop in my town that CAN get one wants $700. I also don't have a Safelite anywhere near me.

My trucks are second gen trucks that I could still get a few years ago. Second gen I know where 2 windshields are at. Did you try car-parts.com do a search? I’ll see what that scrap yard I got permission to go through and see what they might have. Just to see Id check Fargo for a safelite using a Fargo zip code to see if they have any access to new stock.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post

My trucks are second gen trucks that I could still get a few years ago. Second gen I know where 2 windshields are at. Did you try car-parts.com do a search I’ll see what that scrap yard I got permission to go through and see what they might have. Just to see Id check Fargo for a safelite using a Fargo zip code to see if they have any access to new stock.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Looks like several options on the car-parts.com search listed for $50 and guess who’s in MO the next few days. LOL some list the same stock numbers they might be new old stock ones? I’m going through KC in the next few days but most places won’t ship glass once I get it home you might need to pick it up there.

Array
    Status
    North Dakota
    Vehicle

Engine

G54B
    I called a place in CO where the truck is currently. At first the guy said he can't get it. Then he asked if it was the same truck as a Ram50 (yes). "oh yeah, I can come over and do that in a couple days for $220." So, maybe the key is to ask for a Ram50 windshield instead?

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    No problem I’m in MO for a few more days just let me know if you need one picked up.

Array
    Status
    Vale Oregon
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

4G63-T
    I got one two months ago with a new gasket, $400.00 installed