Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

Sliding rear window weatherstrip

Bought several rear sliders the other day had the wife pick them up to save shipping on them. Good looking black framed with a nice latch but no weatherstrip seal on the outside edge, the ones I had in the past the whole window and weather strip were together. After a closer look it looks like the old gasket is used with this type the outer edge fits in the weatherstrip.

Between flying mower rocks, firewood chunks and burning up my favorite truck I’ve ruined 3 sliders in past years so I figured I’d better load up with a few extras. I would have taken all he had but I wanted to see them before I committed the cash.

I’m going to try to pull the stock back window out of a truck I’m parting out now to see if I can do it without breaking it. I looked it over it looks like a simple job and if I break it I have a few stock windows in the parts shed. The weatherstrips on line are not cheap the window is worth less than the weather strip I’d say.

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Pulled a stock flat back window out of the truck I’m parting out (92 D50) it was no big deal really just nibble it out as you go, the window is tougher then you think. I think the weatherstripping is still good I’ll need to look it over better I’d like a new seal but the weatherstripping is around $100 new. I have one new seal that I’ll use on my daily driver but I’d like to have a few extras.

Id suggest looking at YouTube videos before you give it a try just for tips and the confidence in doing something new.