Array
    Status
    NOLA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Hola from Nola

So Glad to see this forum back up and running! So much good intel on forums, was panicking when it was down haha.

Got a 1990 2nd Mighty Max a few weeks back.
    have had several trucks in the past (89 hilux, 02 tacoma, 2017 tacoma) but never a Mitsubishi. Got her as a lil sh*thicker work truck and so far pretty good! Half the price of a yota , just as simple. Parts have been a little difficult (need a new idle air control valve !) but hoping to find more tips and tricks here…

Trying to upload a photo, but not sure what I am doing wrong.will try tomorrow.

cheers,

Graham
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Welcome that AIC is critical if it sticks it can burn up the ECU and that’s big money on the later gen2 trucks. A $100 investment VS $1,000 computer is cheap insurance. I had mine rebuilt twice and still have my fuel pump relay that buzzes when it’s not running it’s a pita.

Array
    Status
    NOLA
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Aha! Thank you I’ve been trying to source a new one but striking out big time - called Mitsubishi dealer, eBay, Amazon, rock auto…
    ‘I’m getting a whole spare parts truck this week so will pull from there but would love to get a brand new one . I ordered one but have to return it was for the 3.0L and not for my lil 2.4

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    2.4 might be different my 3.0 has been a nightmare getting it back to normal replaced AIC and had the computer rebuilt now it runs but the fuel relay wants to buzz all of the time even with the key off. No buzz when it’s running your ECU is different maybe being the 2.4. I’m parting out a 92 2.4 if you can’t find a AIC I could pull the one off of that one before it gets crushed if it’s the same.