Thread: 1994 Might Max 4WD CV axle replacement doesn't fit?

Array
    Status
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72

1994 Might Max 4WD CV axle replacement doesn't fit?

1994 Might Max manual transmission w/ 3.0L V6. Bought the truck last fall and my daughter and I are fixing it up for her to drive. I ordered from Rock Auto new CV axles for both L and R sides. After comparing old CV axle to new I Installed the drivers (left) side and it won't fit? I measured the o/a length of the old axle and it is 23 7/8", the new axle is 24-1/4". Trying to install but the new axle seems too long to get the steering knuckle to bolt up to both upper & lower control arms? It also appears that it is bottomed out into the differential housing so not an issue there. Went to O'Reilly's and looked it up on their parts finder and the new axles are supposed to be 24" long so what am I missing? Any help is much appreciated!

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    You may have the wrong ones. I'm not certain, but 1st gen v6 Montero's share a lot of parts, so an 89-91 Montero in the junk yard might be worth your time.

Array
    Status
    Eagle River, AK
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Thanks. I am also wondering if the 23-7/8" automatic transmission CV joint would fit as well? Assuming they have the same splines