Array
    Status
    Nyssa or
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

K614 webber kit but not e choke

Does anyone know we're I can get a conversion webber kit with a fully manual choke ...electricity doesn't like me . The kit on carbs unlimited all have electricit chokes I want the same kit but I'd rather have Manuel choke ...

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    The Weber DGV and DFV are the versions with a manual choke (in DGEV/DFEV the E stands for Electric choke, or in DGAV/DFAV the A stands for Aqua choke). You could probably contact the vendors to ask if they'd be willing to substitute a manual-choke version with the kit, or you can just buy the carb, manifold adapter plates, and throttle cable brackets separately rather than buying a complete kit. Buying the carb from a vendor (with or without a kit) should supply it with correct jetting for your engine, so you won't have to fiddle with swapping jets to tune like you would with a secondhand carb.

That said, you'll prolly wanna fit a low-pressure electric fuel pump anyway (I like the Carter P90091 pump), which would be powered from the same wire you'd connect to an electric choke. The stock mechanical pump puts out too much pressure for a Weber, and fitting a pressure regulator will strain the pump until it fails. Here's a recent thread that covers the wiring; it's pretty simple:

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ith-Weber-Swap

...and I covered basic carb tuning and electric-choke adjustment here:

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ith-weber-carb
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The electric choke is dead easy to rig up. There's a fuel cut wire that normally is connected to the Mikuni - simply repurpose it. It runs off the ignition circuit.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function