Array
    Status
    Gloucester, MA
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

Greetings from Massachusetts.

Hello all. I’ve been lurking here for a long while. About 5 years ago I acquired a 1985 Ram 50 Custom. It’s a four speed g63 truck with 75,000 on the clock. This thing sat in a garage for about ten years before I got to it. The only parts I found on it that weren’t original were the oil and air filter, plugs and wires, battery and left headlamp. I finally decided it’s time to build something. I’m very seasoned mechanic but Mitsubishi trucks built when I was three aren’t necessarily my specialty. I look forward to getting this thing up and running and sharing with you all.

Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Looks like a winner, you will be surprised how easy they are to work on better then the BS they sell today that few can work on them. I’m no professional mechanic but can’t think of a thing I would not dive into so don’t sweat those details lots of info and help available on here.

Good Luck

Array
    Status
    Gloucester, MA
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Dog View Post
    Looks like a winner, you will be surprised how easy they are to work on better then the BS they sell today that few can work on them. I’m no professional mechanic but can’t think of a thing I would not dive into so don’t sweat those details lots of info and help available on here.

Good Luck

Yes sir it’s a very solid little unit. I feel bad tearing into something so original, but maybe some of the old stuff can live on with others. It’s nice working on something without a 8 computers. No CAN bud faults on this one. 85’ does seem to be a big changeover year with some stuff that varies truck to truck. I’ve learned a lot from this site and its resources. Thank you all.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. This is a good truck to introduce you to Mitsubishi. Engine is forgiving to work on, lots of engine bay room. It's had a bit of a beating and looks like it'll need lower sill repairs. Pull up the carpet and check the floor pan to make sure it's solid. Also take peak inside of the windshield cowl and clear out leaves and junk that may have built up in there as this stuff can block the drainage channels and cause water to flood into the cab and create scary rust in the door jamb. Post pics, ask questions
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    Gloucester, MA
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer101 View Post
    Hi and welcome to mightyram. This is a good truck to introduce you to Mitsubishi. Engine is forgiving to work on, lots of engine bay room. It's had a bit of a beating and looks like it'll need lower sill repairs. Pull up the carpet and check the floor pan to make sure it's solid. Also take peak inside of the windshield cowl and clear out leaves and junk that may have built up in there as this stuff can block the drainage channels and cause water to flood into the cab and create scary rust in the door jamb. Post pics, ask questions

Thanks for the welcome. it’s a solid truck other than the outer rockers and the inner rocker right at the lower fender mount. I’ll be putting up some pictures and asking questions really soon. I promise