Array
    Status
    MKE, WI
    Vehicle

1990 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

Help Fixing wiring on an SPX with Weber Swap

Took this SPX in as a project because I wanted to save it, but its my first 2.6 MM. This is how the original owner has it wired, but the wire to the fuel pump it burning, about a yard of wiring that I had to cut out. From what I've traced I see NO relay in this set up, which seems odd to me. what I find interesting is that the burning is isolated to only the wire heading back to the pump (thankfully). I see no damage up into the harness (so maybe not a relay issue?). They had no protection on the wiring it was just hanging in the open with one or two zip ties, that were a bit too snug, so maybe it just broke open and was arcing on the metal. Maybe the 16 Ga isnt heavy enough.

So im looking for some input from those who have done this swap. Im sure that empty plug was a relay. the choke and pump are running into the same pin which according to the diagram is the Auto Choke. I see a heavier gauge black/white stripe that is listed as Slow cut, can this be utilized?

I wanna get a relay and fuse worked into this so its a safe reliable setup. Any help would be great thank you!!!

Also I would love to get enough info to put together a comprehensive diagram/schematic/part number PDF to upload to the site for anybody else since this seems to be a popular swap.
    Attached Images