Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72

I’m back

I’m Back, I’ve been gone for a few years I did a total rebuild on 87 D50 regular cab several years ago from the ground up. Just lost it in a fire last spring so that really sucked. I have 2 other D50 trucks still, one is a 87 2.6 regular cab AT 2WD and a extended cab 88 2.6 4WD MT and I am picking up another one a 90 V6 AT this weekend. I have no experience with the 3.0 so I’ll need some help once I get it in the shop.

Won’t start is all I know about the new one but the vehicle is known to me and it came to me in a round about way. If I can’t get the 3.0 fired up I have a rebuilt 2.6 and trans ready to drop in but that’s the 88 extended cab engine/trans set up.

Here in SD we don’t use much salt so we have very few rust issues not that D50s are easy to find here but I’ve been lucky to find what I have.

Glad to be back Jerry

Array
    Status
    Ca
    Vehicle

1993 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

4G64
    Welcome Back!
    these little bastids are addicting aren't they lol!

Array
    Status
    Pukwana, SD
    Vehicle

1991 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

6G72
    Had a few new ones back in the late 70s the are a amazing vehicles for sure, when I built the last one I bought a frame out of ID and replaced everything I could as I put it back together. Out of that whole build I only broke 1 bolt that’s crazy.

Array
    Status
    Nevada
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Other
    Welcome back. The 3.0 is a big upgrade to the I4. It shouldn't be too hard to get running as its very straightforward. You also get a bulletproof trans and 9' rear axle with the v6. Best of all worlds.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Oh man, sorry to hear you lost a truck due to fire especially after all the work you put into it.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function