Array
    Status
    Nyssa or
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Looking fr genuine webber carb kit

Hey guys this will be my 1st post on this forum I have A D50 it's a 2.6 l motor 87 year and I want to convert it to a Weber carburetor preferably the larger size preferably no etronics if you guys know a link where I can get the proper carburetor with the kit to convert it over to my truck or kno of any way that I can get maybe the smaller carburetor with the kit and then later I can get the bigger carburetor but for now I just want to know that I can get one that's genuine and not some knock off and I want to know that I can get a kit that has been purchased by someone on this forum and has worked for them before. just don't want to waste my money shooting in the dark thanks for any help

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    In the USA, Redline Weber, Pierce Manifolds, and Carbs Unlimited all stock genuine Webers, with or without the conversion kits.

The K614 kit is required if you have an automatic transmission, as that's the only one a kickdown linkage is available for. If you have a manual trans you can use either the K610 or K614. IMO the K614 is ideal for either trans, as that one comes with a Weber DFEV 32/36 that can be oriented with the fuel bowl towards the rear and still use the stock throttle cable routing.

IMO the "big" Weber DGES 38 is only worthwhile if you've got a highly-tuned rebuilt engine that can make good use of the better breathing. On a stock engine, it'll just be more of a fuel hog for little if any significant performance gain. Some have said a vendor told them this was a "better, newer design", but I'm pretty sure that's just referring to the Weber DG-series in general (DGV/DGAV/DGEV/DGES), which are indeed a newer design derived from the older DF-series (DFV/DFEV/DFAV) but mirror-image in layout.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")