Array
    Status
    tucson az
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61

swap transmission question.

so im doing the turbo 4g63 eclipse swap in my 85 mm.. I got the truck with no motor or trans so its a bare slate...

my question is I have a 83 4 speed km131 that I got from my parts truck.. does anyone know if it will handle a stock turbo motors power?

I know the 5 speeds are normally used. but havent seen any info on using the 4 speed..

someone said they are stronger but i havent seen any info to confirm that..

thanks much... Steve

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    The 4 speed is going to be struggling in stock form against a boosted engine without a reinforced sump plate. It will also depend on how you drive it too. Someone who drives like an ape can turn a Supra 5 speed into a box full of neutrals... It will work but you'll soon figure out that using a boosted engine w/4 speed on freeways is going to be soul destroying. To be honest - find a KM 132 5 speed and beef it up. You'll eventually do it anyway.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function

Array
    Status
    tucson az
    Vehicle

1986 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G61
    thanks for the reply... it will only see city driving maybe 50 mph at times.. I asked this because I got it in a parts truck. but since I posted it I found a W59 which I was told will fit with the bill hincher adaptor plate.... (unless my friend sells me his w58 instead lol.)