Array
    Status
    Coos Bay, OR
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

87 grille on a 95 MM

I don't like chrome. I want a black grille on my 95 MM and I found an 87 black grille I like for around 40 bucks. does the 87 grille fit on the 95?

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    This thread says the '87 grille should fit:
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ghlight=grille
    However, I recently saw a different post that questioned the possibility. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. As an alternative, why not sand and paint the chrome? The factory did it on the Ram 50 grille to hide chromed surfaces they wanted to be black.

Array
    Status
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Reckon you're referring to this thread about stripping the black paint off a chrome-underneath 2nd-gen Mighty Max grille:
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ct-2nd-gen-Max

AFAIK the 2nd-gen Ram 50 grille was unique to the Ram 50 and never chromed anywhere. That said, a couple years ago I did once see some vendor offer a 2nd-gen Ram 50 grille with a chromed center eggcrate (just the middle part that juts out a bit), seemed like a neat way to dress up appearance, but I haven't seen one like that anywhere since then, neither for sale nor mounted on any actual truck.
    1987 Dodge Ram 50 4G54 RWD longbed ("Elmo")
    1979 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Lola")
    1982 Lancia Beta Zagato spider ("Luigi")

Array
    Status
    Seattle, WA
    Vehicle

1988 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Quote Originally Posted by SubGothius View Post
    Reckon you're referring to this thread about stripping the black paint off a chrome-underneath 2nd-gen Mighty Max grille:
    http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...ct-2nd-gen-Max
    That or another one. I don't recall the pictures.

Regarding the Ram 50 grille, a chrome accented grille was available for the Ram 50, probably as part of a trim package that included chrome bumpers, and corner and tail lights with chrome edges. I have them on my '88.

The grille I have definitely wasn't fully chromed. Only the top and bottom portions were plated and then painted to emphasize the full width trim lines. As you can see the paint is weathered and chipped in places on the top portion.

If any Ram 50 grilles were fully plated, it would have to be after Dec '87 when mine was built. But finding one to test will be a challenge since they're so rare.
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    PAULS PLATING will chrome plastic https://paulschrome.com/

Array
    Status
    Florida, Tallahassee
    Vehicle

1996 Mitsubishi Triton
    Engine

6G72
    Thank you for sharing your knowledge about the 2nd-gen Ram 50 grille. It's interesting to know that the grille was unique to the Ram 50 and never chromed anywhere. The addition of a chromed center eggcrate to the grille does sound like a nice way to enhance the appearance of the vehicle, although it seems to be a rare modification. It's possible that the vendor who offered the chromed center eggcrate grille was only producing them in limited quantities, or that they were a one-off custom modification. Nonetheless, it's always great to see people finding ways to personalize their vehicles and make them unique.