Array
    Status
    North Carolina
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64

Smile Hello from North Carolina

I've been a member here for a year or so and went straight to asking questions without introducing myself... let's fix that!

I'm located in North Carolina, USA and picked up a 1994 Mighty Max in February of 2021. It belonged to a fella in Georgia from new until sometime in 2020 when he donated it to a charity. After that, it ended up being bought by a guy in Florida that used it to move to Indiana. Pretty quickly he realized a single cab mini truck was not a great family vehicle for his wife and daughter, and he only had it for maybe 6 months or so.

I had been looking for something to move jet skis and do general house chores with, and I've always been a fan of the 80s and 90s mini trucks. My preferences were pretty simple, I own too many carburetors already so I wanted fuel injection... and I wanted something with A/C. Ironically enough I'm wrestling with a fuel injection issue at the moment and all my carbureted things are working just fine, but that's beside the point.

This little Mighty Max showed up listed in Indiana with 123k miles on the clock in really clean original shape. EFI, A/C, and manual everything. This truck doesn't have many features but all of them work. When I bought it, I took a leap of faith and drove it the 9 hours home in the dead of winter and it went just great. I've enjoyed this little truck way more than I expected.

Thank you for the help this forum has already given me, and that which is sure to come. It's great having a resource like this and I appreciate it a ton!

Attached Images
    Last edited by doots; 11-12-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Welcome to MR50 doots ~ your truck is fabulous & deserves a conversion to EV 800 volts AWD

Array
    Status
    North Carolina
    Vehicle

1994 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G64
    Thanks xboxrox! I've put nearly 5k miles on the clock since buying it. I really like the simplicity of the truck as it is, just gotta sort out that pesky run issue.

Array
    Status
    Norway
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

4G63
    That's an absolute beauty! Clean truck, the fact that it has A/C is gold.
    I rescued one of the last roadworthy 1st gen. in Norway in 2019.
    Trying my best to keep it alive and well!

Thread

Array
    Status
    Cedaredge, CO
    Vehicle

1992 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

6G72
    Wow! Super clean. Welcome and have fun! Clogged injector, maybe? I built a rig out of 9V batteries, alligator clips, hose clamps, and various hoses to spritz carb cleaner through the injectors. Pulse it until it transitions from dribble to spray. There’s plenty of videos online that show how to do it. Some good, more bad. Do your homework. Worked great on my 2000 ford ranger and 1992 mighty max. Just picked up a 1999 Nissan Frontier with 308k miles on it. I’ll probably do the same on it. Full disclosure - each truck was bad enough that I had nothing to lose by trying, but each was better off for it. Also, my Mighty Max is now the most reliable vehicle I own. Hmm…not sure what that says about my life decisions. Have fun!

-Geoff