Array
    Status
    Gray,Georgia
    Vehicle

1985 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G63B

Clutch issues

My clutch finally started to slip it was not real bad but adjusted the clutch cable a bit and it seemed to help alot but the normal town route i take there is a steep and i mean steep hill ended up turning around half way up it due to the clutch starting to slip so i figured i might as well look into a clutch kit seen a $100 Zoom Clutch at my local store but got a looking online and found a "Upgrade" kit online from South Bend part number K05011-HD just trying to find a good clutch that is gonna last longer than the ebay clutch that is in the truck (Previous owner) truck is a 85 Max 5spd with the 2.0 2wd so any recommendations would be nice.

[top]

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    That would probably be your best bet, to maintain some daily driver aspect, longevity wise would be a ceramic button or puck clutch the ones with typically 6 individuals pads; their down fall is there is little to no friction zone so imagine your clutch pedal as an on/ off switch.

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    As your truck is running a G36B 6 bolt engine, you have options. Look for a 1G 4G63 kit. Stage 1 pressure plate and maybe a composite/kevlar friction disc. Don't go installing a heavy duty pressure plate as it will severely affect the clutch cable and stress the firewall where the cable adjuster is. Just google 1G 4G63 clutch kits. I am not 100% sure on compatibility with throw out/thrust bearings... Stay away from a ceramic or puck clutch for a daily driver. It will be unbearable.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function