Hey everyone,

I've been looking into acquiring a 4x4 max for the longest time, but never seem to come up in my price range. I've just about done as many trails as i can in the stock 2wd max, the front end just cant get up high enough to accommodate bigger tires and the 1 wheel drive i have to work with in any soft ground just doesn't work for me.

I found a parts truck for cheap, under $500, the only issues are its got no engine, tcase or transmission, and its a 1st gen whereas my truck is 1 2nd gen. I have a few questions then so i can get a parts list together.

1. Will i be able to swap over my cab, bed engine and tranny? I believe the wb is the same although i have yet to see the truck in person.

2. My 2wd max has the 4g64 bolted to a 5spd manual, will this bolt up to the frame of the 4x4 even though it originally had the g54b and 5spd 4x4?

3. Until i find a 4wd trans and case would anything stop me from using the 2wd setup with all the parts i have now?

4. I've heard of the easy lift using upper control arms from a montero sport, does this work in 1st gen or only on 2nd gen?

Thanks for any info you guys can provide. IF i do end up going through with this ill start a build thread and show off the progress.