Array
    Status
    Jefferson PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?

Manual transmission ID and kit?

1986 Power Ram 50. Manual transmission, what transmission do I have and are rebuild kits available. Where is the ID number on transmission and transfer case. Thanks

Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Do you have an ident plate on the firewall?
    mine is on the passenger side of the firewall inside the engine compt and it has the codes for engine & trans.

Array
    Status
    Kent, WA
    Vehicle

1989 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Ident plate should look like this:
    Attached Images

Array
    Status
    Jefferson PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Thanks

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    Your engine should be G54B 2.6l which would mean, You have a KM145 trans and a KM100 transfer case if its 4wd; as per your post being a Power Ram 50. If your truck is 2wd you have a KM132. Do not buy so called complete kit from ebay specifically from Trans World. Tear the tranny down and replace the bearings and parts as needed; cross reference all bearings through google for the better Timken bearings. Your local O'Reilly's or Auto Zone or whatever might have them in stock and cheaper. Don't forget end play off input shat may require different thickness shim.

http://www.mightyram50.net/vbulletin...45-Tranny-Info

Array
    Status
    Jefferson PA
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

I.D.K.?
    Yes it is a G54B Power Ram 50
    I stopped driving the trick as there is a bearing Noise possibly with the clutch out in all gears except 4th. I acquired another transmission/ transfer out of the same year truck (4x4) Both transmissions are out, and when turning the input shaft of the troubled transmission I hear the noise. Not in the other. I have not found anyone to do a rebuild on the transmission yet. Was planning on possibly putting the transmission with no noise in with a heavier / thicker transmission pan? Any other ideas of what I should do, before the install? Any information on where to locate a transmission pan, or a rebuild guy. Southern Pa area. Thanks.

Array
    Status
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle

1986 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B

Array
    Status
    Nyssa, Or
    Vehicle

1982 Dodge Power Ram 50
    Engine

G54B
    First thing would be, drop the inspection cover (the pan) and do a visual inspection, check input shaft end play make sure it is within spec. As far as pans check out TuffPans. I believe this is one I bought. Rebuild it yourself not that difficult, especially if your spare is decent and checks out. I did mine over a couple days and my work bench in those pics was and old cheap baby changing table that was laying around.