Thread: 2nd gen mightymax 4g63 turbo.

Array
    Status
    Stafford, VA
    Vehicle

1995 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

Chevy V8
    damn that sucks man...wtf happened? i am sorry to hear that. keep us posted.

Array
    Status
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle

1990 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

G54B-T
    Sounds like a kick in the balls man..... sorry to hear that.
    Keep your head up and the wrenches turning........you'll get that truck going

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

1989 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
    Engine

4G63-T
    K. When I pulled the head, spark plug threads 1 and 3 are now stripped from me removing the spark plugs. All exhaust valves bent with 3 broken. The head broke off. That's why the spark plugs exploded. 3 intake valves bent. That's from me turning the head over and looking at it. I dropped off the head to the machine shop for a redo, gonna sent the block in too. As far as I can tell, I only have to replace the pistons at least 1 and 3, no cylinder wall scarring, head needs to be filled in where the valves were pushed into the head. Redecked again? I'm almost positive it might need to be again if they fill in the damaged areas.

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    you need to get a thicker head gasket made so the valves don't hit again - I will post the link to the site when I find it.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle

1980 Dodge D-50
    Engine

G54B
    Here's the link I was referring to: http://www.scegaskets.com/Mitsubishi/4G ... nding/true . They have or can make gaskets in any thickness you need to prevent clearance problems.
    Pennyman1
    The best Dodge that Dodge never made
    Living the D-50 lifestyle since 1980

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Thanks. Will use if the machine shop calls me and tells me it was a clearance issue.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Completely forgot about this thread until now. Dyno today said I make peak 170rwhp and 212rwtq.

Current mod list: 91 4g63 block, acl race bearings, malhe 9.0 pistons, eagle rods, balance shaft delete, rebuilt same head to factory thread, intrepid coil over plug, evo 8 560 injectors, Walbro 255 lph fuel pump, front mount intercooler, greddy type s blow off valve, gm maf, maft, apexi avcr set at 1 bar, max speed exhaust, dsmlink v3 light, evo 8 modified fuel and spark map.

Disapointed with the dyno because I now know I make wheel horsepower what the integra gsr supposed to make at the crank. but I do experience a sputter around 5k rpm. So I gotta work on tuning. Lol.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    That seems low cosidering the stock 4g63t is supposed to put out 190(prob crank) and yours is built up a little bit.

Array
    Status
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle

1981 Dodge D-50
    Engine

Ford V8
    Yep factory ratings are at the flywheel, so if you are pulling 170 rwhp that's roughly around 200-210 at the flywheel.Just keep playing with it and you will probably find some small stuff that needs to be changed or not quite set up right. Friend of mine had Omni GLH that he did a crap load of work to and found a small leak in the BOV reducing his boost, cleaned and reset the BOV and he pulled another 52whp.Its the stupid little things like that that cause problems you are unaware of.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    210 was the 2g dsm, 190 was the 1g I remember. The 2g had the t25 turbo but the boost solenoid pushed more boost out of it to compensate. Also more compression. Gonna figure out things this or next week. Don't wanna keep tossing parts at it. Got the gm maf not only because it's like an upgrade to the 1g maf and performs same if not better then the 2g maf, but at 1.3 bar the truck hesitates and bogs after 4k rpm. Figuring maf is maxed out because runs no problem at wastegate pressure at 8 psi.

Bar is the settings on the avcr boost controller, reason for me using bar for boost. And everyone should know 1 bar is pretty much 15 psi. Lol.

Array
    Status
    Vacaville, CA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    Your only running a 14b i doubt your overruning the maf.

Array
    Status
    WA
    Vehicle

Engine

4G63-T
    True. But boost controller set at 1.3 bar, air fuel at 10:1 and cannot go above 4.3k. 19psi for thoughs who don't want to do the math. Lol. Runs fine through redline at only wastegate pressure. Plus the stumbling when pushing the clutch to idle between gears was a little irritating. So blow through setup fixes it. I'll start by adjusting fuel pressure at the fuel rail confirming fuel pressure no vac is correct. When I have the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12