Array
    Status
    Mount Hope West Virginia
    Vehicle

1987 Dodge Ram 50
    Engine

G63B

New member, bought a 1987 D50 that was garage kept for 30 yrs

I recently picked up this rust free/garage kept and unmodified 1987 D50 with a wasted G63B and a five speed. I was hoping it was just a bad starter but unfortunately it was a bad bottom end due to the counter balance belt breaking and the oil pump stopping. It’s a mess see photo.
    I am currently looking for a good used motor (G63B) to install. This is my only transportation and need to move forward quickly. I have been searching my area (Southern West Virginia) and come up empty. Any help in finding a motor is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance “GTP”

Array
    Status
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Vehicle

1985 Mitsubishi L200
    Engine

G63B
    Take a look at Mitsubishi vans as well for a source. It will have to be from another manual 2.0 as they are a 'narrow' block pattern. 2.6 and the injected 4G64 (2.4L) are wide block. You could use a 2.0 from a FWD Mitsubishi but you will need to retrofit the water pump and ancillaries from your 2.0 to make it work for a RWD truck.
    support the forum that supports you - join and donate to MightyRam50.Net today! donations unlock the edit function